Mark Wood

Default mariner powertrim seals

I have a 100hp Mariner engine with powertrim on which the powertrim double
acting hydraulic cylinder seals are leaking, I have had a look at this with
regards to replacing the seals but have noticed a couple of things one is
that it looks as though it may be possible to strip the cylinder in situ if
the engine can be lifted high enough to allow this to be done ???, the
second thing is that if the cylinder needs to be removed in order to strip
it then it is not immediately obvious how the cylinder is removed as they
appears to be what might be a tapered locking pin though the main mounting
pin.
Therefore i have a couple of questions:
1. can anyone tell me if it is possible to replace the cylinder seals
without removing the cylinder ?
2. Assuming the answer to question 1 is no, can anyone tell me how to remove
the cylinder ?
Many thanks in anticipation of any replies
Mark