Nick

Default Windermere Speed Limit - Coniston demo

We are wake surfing, and towing ringos, and even paragliding, on
Coniston on 27th & 28th September. If you click on
http://www.waf.uk.com you'll see more details.

Its going to be a fab weekend, with a BBQ, and its going to demonstrate
to the LDNPA that powered water sports are here to stay.

Their agenda is quite simple, its "to get rid of us", and to claim
"World Heritage Status". My opinion is that fun loving human beings
should not be excluded from the last 1% of the Lake District National
Park. The area is beautiful, and we want to continue to share and enjoy
it. Water sports are a part of our heritage, and there is no reasonable
argument for excluding them. People want to live, breath, have fun, and
in many cases, earn a living in our Lake District. Tourist attractions
should not be closed. Of course we all want to conserve the areas
beauty, but the price for World Heritage Status is simply too high, and
unachievable in a working environment.

So, to demonstrate that we are staying, and that we intend to maintain
our 1% share in the area, we need to up the stakes. Throughout over a
decade of reasonable approaches to the LDNPA and DEFRA, the doors remain
closed, and these organisations simply refuse to talk to us. The LDNPA
promised, back in 1978, when they banned water skiing on Derwent Water,
Coniston and Ulswater, that Windermere would be left alone for our
sport. For the last 25 years, we've all kept off of these other lakes.
Now's the time to show that they've gone too far, and to fight back
against their relentless quest to exclude human beings. The LDNPA are
an unelected quango. They don't represent anyone, nor do they account
to anyone. We're back on Coniston next weekend and we need fellow
supporters to join us on the shore or in your boat, to show that we're
staying.

Don't think that this is rather "soft". I can assure you all that its
the last thing that the LDNPA want.

Come and see the new wake surfing craze. Come and have a go, and surf
along to booming music beats on a huge man made wake!

Look forward to seeing you.

--
Nick @ noslow . org . uk
Jonww

Come and have a go, and surf
along to booming music beats on a huge man made wake!

Dont you think this is going to alienate and irritate the other 95% of water
users.
Derek.Moody

In article , Nick
wrote:

Their agenda is quite simple, its "to get rid of us", and to claim

Why?

snip

Come and see the new wake surfing craze. Come and have a go, and surf
along to booming music beats on a huge man made wake!

That's why.

You brought it on yourself as you well know. There's no need for high speed
on UK freshwater.

Cheerio,

Nick

In article , Jonww
writes
Come and have a go, and surf
along to booming music beats on a huge man made wake!

Dont you think this is going to alienate and irritate the other 95% of water
users.

At this point, with only 1 year to go and no sign of a change of heart,
I really don't care. It's time for direct action.

Some members of the Windermere Action Force (not including me before I
get flamed) went skiing on Derwent Water the other week. The local
yachties phoned the police (who did send one officer) but they refused
to get involved with a minor bylaw offence. There is no warden on
Derwent Water so the LDNPA has 2 choices:
1. Pay the wages of a Warden and buy a boat for Derwent; or
2. Have a change of heart and let skiiers stay on Windermere.

Whilst there is a warden on Coniston, they can't touch us for making
large wakes and playing loud music. The warden would also be hard pushed
to catch any speeders and even if they did, it's only a £20 fine and
non-endorsable at that (a cheap day out I'd say So again, they have 2
choices:
1. Invest more money policing Coniston; or
2. Let us keep Windermere.

It is sad when political methods fail, but time and again we see that
when people resort to direct action, those that make the decisions sit
up and take notice. If we make a nuisance of ourselves on the other
lakes, they *may* change their mind. After all we only want *ONE*!
--
Nick
Nick

In article , Derek.Moody
writes
In article , Nick
wrote:

Their agenda is quite simple, its "to get rid of us", and to claim

Why?

snip

Come and see the new wake surfing craze. Come and have a go, and surf
along to booming music beats on a huge man made wake!

That's why.

Whilst I'm not surprised Derek, you seem to be missing the point. This
is not something we currently do, this is something we are going to do
*deliberately* to stir up some controversy!

You brought it on yourself as you well know. There's no need for high speed
on UK freshwater.

There is no *need* for high speed on *any* water and please feel free to
stay away because *you* were never invited anyway!

--
Nick

John Asdf

"Derek.Moody" wrote in message

In article , Nick
wrote:

Their agenda is quite simple, its "to get rid of us", and to claim

Why?

snip

Come and see the new wake surfing craze. Come and have a go, and surf
along to booming music beats on a huge man made wake!

That's why.

You brought it on yourself as you well know. There's no need for high speed
on UK freshwater.

There's no need for a grown man to rip a fishes' face to pieces with a
hook either for fun - but some peoples idea of fun is different from
others. Just don't come bleating for support when the animal rights
lobby have finished with the hunting brigade and come after you fish
mutilators.

Cheerio,

Bye