Nick

Default Windermere Speed Limit - Coniston demo

We are wake surfing, and towing ringos, and even paragliding, on
Coniston on 27th & 28th September. If you click on
http://www.waf.uk.com you'll see more details.

Its going to be a fab weekend, with a BBQ, and its going to demonstrate
to the LDNPA that powered water sports are here to stay.

Their agenda is quite simple, its "to get rid of us", and to claim
"World Heritage Status". My opinion is that fun loving human beings
should not be excluded from the last 1% of the Lake District National
Park. The area is beautiful, and we want to continue to share and enjoy
it. Water sports are a part of our heritage, and there is no reasonable
argument for excluding them. People want to live, breath, have fun, and
in many cases, earn a living in our Lake District. Tourist attractions
should not be closed. Of course we all want to conserve the areas
beauty, but the price for World Heritage Status is simply too high, and
unachievable in a working environment.

So, to demonstrate that we are staying, and that we intend to maintain
our 1% share in the area, we need to up the stakes. Throughout over a
decade of reasonable approaches to the LDNPA and DEFRA, the doors remain
closed, and these organisations simply refuse to talk to us. The LDNPA
promised, back in 1978, when they banned water skiing on Derwent Water,
Coniston and Ulswater, that Windermere would be left alone for our
sport. For the last 25 years, we've all kept off of these other lakes.
Now's the time to show that they've gone too far, and to fight back
against their relentless quest to exclude human beings. The LDNPA are
an unelected quango. They don't represent anyone, nor do they account
to anyone. We're back on Coniston next weekend and we need fellow
supporters to join us on the shore or in your boat, to show that we're
staying.

Don't think that this is rather "soft". I can assure you all that its
the last thing that the LDNPA want.

Come and see the new wake surfing craze. Come and have a go, and surf
along to booming music beats on a huge man made wake!

Look forward to seeing you.

--
Nick @ noslow . org . uk