Harald R

Default Johnson 9.9Hp tune up

I have a Johnson 9.9hp from 1994 and I have been told that this is more or
less the same engine as the 15hp. Is it possible to tune this 9.9 up to 15hp
by using som kind of tune-up kit?

If so - where can I buy one?

/HaraldR

OldRedNeck

Sorry--not possible--there are several structural differences in both the
powerhead and the exhaust housing.

tregonissy

I also have an old 9.9 and have been told by "experts" that apparently the
only difference in the two models is the carb - worth looking into.
--
Best Regards - Trevor Ball

"OldRedNeck" wrote in message
Sorry--not possible--there are several structural differences in both the
powerhead and the exhaust housing.

Wim

You are most likely right, but check with
www.marineengine.com/
for more info:-)
--
c ya Wim
www.cruising.ca/thousand/f-index.html

"tregonissy" wrote in message
:
: I also have an old 9.9 and have been told by "experts" that apparently the
: only difference in the two models is the carb - worth looking into.
: --
: Best Regards - Trevor Ball
:
:
: "OldRedNeck" wrote in message
: ...
: Sorry--not possible--there are several structural differences in both
the
: powerhead and the exhaust housing.
:
:
:
:

New to me Boat Questions = 1968 Larson with 60 Johnson tillius General 4 June 25th 04 01:55 PM
OT 1986 100hp Johnson VRO question? Mickey General 4 March 17th 04 08:00 AM
johnson lower unit help Tom K General 0 March 4th 04 03:12 AM
Only Slightly OT Jim General 1 November 19th 03 04:18 AM
Power lift retrofit for 48 HP Johnson? Rural Knight General 0 August 8th 03 07:30 PM