posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Peter Clinch

Default Happy New Year

Happy New Year all!

We christened Roos' new boat yesterday with a very pleasant pootle
on the Tay from Broughty Ferry in the sunshine. An excellent way
to bring in the New Year, and also confirmed that VCP Avocets are
/Very/ Good Toys for Girls (and probably boys).

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
muzz

Peter Clinch wrote:
Happy New Year all!

We christened Roos' new boat yesterday with a very
pleasant pootle on the Tay from Broughty Ferry in the
sunshine. An excellent way to bring in the New Year, and
also confirmed that VCP Avocets are /Very/ Good Toys for
Girls (and probably boys).
Pete.

Aye, happy New Year. I managed a Homonay paddle with other Inverness Canoe
Club members in the Moray Firth. Picked up a few tips from the more
experienced paddlers. Number one tip was get a rudder ( my boat has no
skeg ). There was a discussion on how to keep the hands warm where I
promoted the Suzy Fourty Belows.
I also leaned that you can wear a nice thick pair of socks and wellies to
keep the tootsies warm !
Details as ever are on my blog.

--
Muzz
http://highlandmist.blogspot.com

muzz wrote:
Aye, happy New Year. I managed a Homonay paddle with

Whoops I meant to type 'Hogmanay'. I think the other thing is what Elton
John and his mates celebrate :-)

muzz wrote:

I also leaned that you can wear a nice thick pair of socks and wellies to
keep the tootsies warm !

You can get flexible neoprene wellies that will pack down rather smaller
than the traditional flavour and are very popular in TSKC. Knoydart
stock them, but of course at Knoydart they cost at /least/ twice what
they're available at MEC for, so if you're off to Canada or have a pal
that is then that's a possible piece of shopping for them to pick up on
your behalf (I have 3 wooden canoe paddles from MEC, each of which
costing about half of what the equivalent would be in the UK).

Pete.

Happy New Year! Joe ASA 18 January 2nd 06 05:16 PM
free Happy Henry eBook [email protected] ASA 0 December 20th 05 03:31 PM
free Happy Henry eBook [email protected] General 0 December 20th 05 03:30 PM