andy

Default cag advice

thinking of getting the peak tour lite hooded cag but never used a cag
with hood dose the hood get annoying ?

Peter Clinch

andy wrote:
thinking of getting the peak tour lite hooded cag but never used a cag
with hood dose the hood get annoying ?

First up, what sort of paddling are you doing?

Walking or paddling I generally prefer hats to hoods as they
isolate me less from the environemnt (WW helmets excluded, obviously).

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Rob

No. It does not, in general use anyway. I guess you're going to use this for
sea paddling?

"andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
thinking of getting the peak tour lite hooded cag but never used a cag
with hood dose the hood get annoying ?

Muzz

Peter Clinch wrote:

Walking or paddling I generally prefer hats to hoods as
they isolate me less from the environemnt (WW helmets
excluded, obviously).
Pete.

Nah I love being able to pull that hood into tunnel vision mode when your
high up fully exposed and the H20 in whatever form is horizontal. That's a
hillwalking perspective but I guess you can't get much more exposed than
open water.
Oh, I'm hoping Andy will be more interested in sea/touring than ww.

--
Muzz
send mail to

andy

thanks for the help guys, i will be doing mostly sea/touring in a
Carolina but hope to have another go at ww, not sure what cag to get, i
can get the peak tourlite hoody for £50 on the net just now .

Peter Clinch

andy wrote:
thanks for the help guys, i will be doing mostly sea/touring in a
Carolina but hope to have another go at ww, not sure what cag to get, i
can get the peak tourlite hoody for £50 on the net just now .

Rule #1 for me is try on in person if you possibly can. Freedom of
movement is the #1 requirement and different cags have different cuts,
better or worse suited to the physique and style of individual paddlers,
and making sure that's right is worth paying extra for IMHO.

If you're in Scotland maybe pop over to Perth at the weekend and go to
the SCA show where there should be plenty to try on and see.

One thing touring cags seem to have which strikes me as a bit pointless
is various pockets... which will be obscured by your BA in any case.
But if you're on the sea make sure your BA has a good supply of pockets.

Pete,
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
net http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

andy

cheers Pete,I'm working all weekend so cant go to the Perth show but i
am going to Aviemore tomorrow to try on some cag's,I've ordered the
nookie delta explorer ba, it has plenty of pockets on the front and a
large one on the back and as i wont be in the sea without it i don't
need any on the cag. cheers for the advice.

S Hosie

If anyone is interested Tiso in Glasgow are selling Palm 5 pocket BA's for
£50 ie half price. I bought one yesterday, colors are a bit loud but at the
price I'm not complaining.

DaggerAnimas Roger Houston General 101 December 31st 10 01:35 PM
Today's Laugh Gorf General 74 October 25th 05 03:58 AM