Pete

Default US made WW helmet

I recently had an XXL size WW helmet delivered from the US which is the
first reasonably comfortable helmet I've ever worn.

The inner neoprene liner has a hand crafted, quality feel to it (which is
exctly what it is) but what the helmet doesn't have is any visible CE
approval stamp (let alone BS).

I think I read in a canoeing mag that UK canoeists got in trouble on the
Colorado River because their UK made gear didn't have US safety approval.

Could I get the same in the UK? Say if I went to an approved outdoor center
in Wales or so and they inspect my gear, would they say, nice helmet if a
bit poncey or would they say, sorry mate it wants a CE stamp on it before
you can use it?

Pete

Wilko

Pete wrote:

I recently had an XXL size WW helmet delivered from the US which is the
first reasonably comfortable helmet I've ever worn.

The inner neoprene liner has a hand crafted, quality feel to it (which is
exctly what it is) but what the helmet doesn't have is any visible CE
approval stamp (let alone BS).

I think I read in a canoeing mag that UK canoeists got in trouble on the
Colorado River because their UK made gear didn't have US safety approval.

Could I get the same in the UK? Say if I went to an approved outdoor center
in Wales or so and they inspect my gear, would they say, nice helmet if a
bit poncey or would they say, sorry mate it wants a CE stamp on it before
you can use it?

Pete, I've been using U.S. WW helmets (first a Shred Ready and now a
Grateful Heads model) for a couple of years now. Although I don't see
any CE approval stickers anywhere on those helmets, I very much doubt
that there will be any problems. Personally I think that the CE approval
means very little, especially considering that there are helmets that
are really offering very little protection at all being CE approved.

I think that the U.S. worries about being sued might have something to
do with all of this happening in the U.S..

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilko(a t)dse(d o t)nl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe

riverman

"Wilko" wrote in message news:866c0
I think that the U.S. worries about being sued might have something to do
with all of this happening in the U.S..

Very funny, ha ha. I'll see your butt in court over that last remark!!

--riverman
(my lawyer can beat up your lawyer!)

Wilko

riverman wrote:

"Wilko" wrote in message news:866c0

I think that the U.S. worries about being sued might have something to do
with all of this happening in the U.S..

Very funny, ha ha. I'll see your butt in court over that last remark!!

You'd wish... ;-)

For someone that is already talking about his last wishes on RBP, you
sure seem alive here, Myron! :-D

--riverman
(my lawyer can beat up your lawyer!)

Maybe he can, but I doubt he can win *any* legal battle in my country... :-)