Pete

Default US made WW helmet

I recently had an XXL size WW helmet delivered from the US which is the
first reasonably comfortable helmet I've ever worn.

The inner neoprene liner has a hand crafted, quality feel to it (which is
exctly what it is) but what the helmet doesn't have is any visible CE
approval stamp (let alone BS).

I think I read in a canoeing mag that UK canoeists got in trouble on the
Colorado River because their UK made gear didn't have US safety approval.

Could I get the same in the UK? Say if I went to an approved outdoor center
in Wales or so and they inspect my gear, would they say, nice helmet if a
bit poncey or would they say, sorry mate it wants a CE stamp on it before
you can use it?

Pete