@,,,,,,

Default Access advice for a novice

I'm looking for places to use my new canoe.

After a confusing search around the web finding lots of info on trespass
law none of the sites I've found seem to want to tell me where I can
actually go.

A friend and myself have done a course at Plas y Brenin which was
fantastic so we bought a 2 man open canoe and would love to try it.

I'm I right in thinking we have to join the BCU before we can take it
anywhere?

We live in kidderminster near the Severn and some canals so it looks
like we have paces to go but can we do it legally?

Any advise greatly appreciated

Paul.

Nigel Crompton

Try he http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/

I'm I right in thinking we have to join the BCU before we can take it
anywhere?

Nope!

We live in kidderminster near the Severn and some canals so it looks
like we have paces to go but can we do it legally?

A licence is required for canals, but should you join the BCU one of
the benefits is that it includes said licence.

Paddling canals can be tedious, not least because the view is often
limited by the towpath.

Yoy can paddle long stretches of the Wye & Severn legally, but only
because they're existing "navigations".

Where & when you can paddle is a BIG bone of contention. See above
website (join the forum) for details
@,,,,,,

wrote:

I'm looking for places to use my new canoe.

Try he http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/

I'm I right in thinking we have to join the BCU before we can take it
anywhere?

Nope!

We live in kidderminster near the Severn and some canals so it looks
like we have paces to go but can we do it legally?

A licence is required for canals, but should you join the BCU one of
the benefits is that it includes said licence.

Paddling canals can be tedious, not least because the view is often
limited by the towpath.

Yoy can paddle long stretches of the Wye & Severn legally, but only
because they're existing "navigations".

Where & when you can paddle is a BIG bone of contention. See above
website (join the forum) for details

Thanks, I was beginning to think I have a boat and nowhere to use it.

Thats an interesting site, the river routes are exactly what we wanted
to do when considering getting a boat.

Just printed the BCU application form.

Thanks again for the info.

Paul.