@,,,,,,

Default Access advice for a novice

I'm looking for places to use my new canoe.

After a confusing search around the web finding lots of info on trespass
law none of the sites I've found seem to want to tell me where I can
actually go.

A friend and myself have done a course at Plas y Brenin which was
fantastic so we bought a 2 man open canoe and would love to try it.

I'm I right in thinking we have to join the BCU before we can take it
anywhere?

We live in kidderminster near the Severn and some canals so it looks
like we have paces to go but can we do it legally?

Any advise greatly appreciated

Paul.