Nigel Crompton

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 21:25:09 +0100, "@,,,,,," ""paul\"@,,,,,,"
wrote:

I'm looking for places to use my new canoe.

Try he http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/

I'm I right in thinking we have to join the BCU before we can take it
anywhere?

Nope!

We live in kidderminster near the Severn and some canals so it looks
like we have paces to go but can we do it legally?

A licence is required for canals, but should you join the BCU one of
the benefits is that it includes said licence.

Paddling canals can be tedious, not least because the view is often
limited by the towpath.

Yoy can paddle long stretches of the Wye & Severn legally, but only
because they're existing "navigations".

Where & when you can paddle is a BIG bone of contention. See above
website (join the forum) for details