riverman

Default OT, sort of: Car rental in Wales?

Hi folks: I'm due to arrive in Bristol this coming Tuesday and am headed to
Wales for some fishing, and am looking for an affordable rental car for 5
days. So far, I can only find ones online at AVIS that will cost me about
$450 for that time (about 250 pounds) and that seems very expensive. I need
to pick it up in Bristol, and deliver it to Plymouth.

Is there a local rental agency with good cars that have a better price than
this? Thanks

--riverman

W. D. Grey

In article , riverman
writes
Hi folks: I'm due to arrive in Bristol this coming Tuesday and am headed to
Wales for some fishing, and am looking for an affordable rental car for 5
days. So far, I can only find ones online at AVIS that will cost me about
$450 for that time (about 250 pounds) and that seems very expensive. I need
to pick it up in Bristol, and deliver it to Plymouth.

Is there a local rental agency with good cars that have a better price than
this? Thanks

--riverman

Never having rented a car in Wales I don't know of ay decent firms.
However Looking via Google I raised quite a few companies which may be
better than AVIS. Have you had a quote from Hertz?

I entered "Car rental in Wales" and Google threw out quite a few names.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
riverman

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article , riverman
writes
Hi folks: I'm due to arrive in Bristol this coming Tuesday and am headed

Wales for some fishing, and am looking for an affordable rental car for 5
days. So far, I can only find ones online at AVIS that will cost me about
$450 for that time (about 250 pounds) and that seems very expensive. I

need
to pick it up in Bristol, and deliver it to Plymouth.

Is there a local rental agency with good cars that have a better price

than
this? Thanks

--riverman

Never having rented a car in Wales I don't know of ay decent firms.
However Looking via Google I raised quite a few companies which may be
better than AVIS. Have you had a quote from Hertz?

I entered "Car rental in Wales" and Google threw out quite a few names.

Thank, Bill. The sites all list Avis at about $217, but when the hidden fees
are added, it becomes $450! I'll see if there's a site that doesn't have so
many hidden costs.

Any chance of getting together to cast a line next week? I'll drive.

--riverman

SS

(just fishing....will I get a bite...?)

Do they have cars in Wales??
I thought they were still riding donkeys over there....

SS

Frank Healy

"riverman" wrote in message

Hi folks: I'm due to arrive in Bristol this coming Tuesday and am headed to
Wales for some fishing, and am looking for an affordable rental car for 5
days. So far, I can only find ones online at AVIS that will cost me about
$450 for that time (about 250 pounds) and that seems very expensive. I need
to pick it up in Bristol, and deliver it to Plymouth.

Is there a local rental agency with good cars that have a better price than
this? Thanks

--riverman

Assume you will hire in Bristol and return to Bristol - If you hire at
the airport then you will be paying top money - contact one of the local
companies when you arrive and you will pay a lot less. When I ran a car
hire operation I had many customers who did this with me and it was to
both our advantage.

Frank Healy

Nogood Boyo

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 at 18:01:12 in uk.rec.fishing.game SS wrote:
(just fishing....will I get a bite...?)

Do they have cars in Wales??
I thought they were still riding donkeys over there....

twll dyn pob sais...

--
Nogood Boyo
W. D. Grey

In article , riverman
writes
Thank, Bill. The sites all list Avis at about $217, but when the hidden fees
are added, it becomes $450! I'll see if there's a site that doesn't have so
many hidden costs.

Any chance of getting together to cast a line next week? I'll drive.

Where will you be staying?

I have to admit to not knowing much about the fishing in the Builth
area, but It may be possible for me to come along and say hello at
least.

What is your schedule for next week?
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
W. D. Grey

In article , Nogood Boyo
writes

Wayno will explain - this is his favourite "Welsh" phrase :-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
riverman

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article , riverman
writes
Thank, Bill. The sites all list Avis at about $217, but when the hidden

fees
are added, it becomes $450! I'll see if there's a site that doesn't have

so
many hidden costs.

Any chance of getting together to cast a line next week? I'll drive.

Where will you be staying?

I have to admit to not knowing much about the fishing in the Builth
area, but It may be possible for me to come along and say hello at
least.

What is your schedule for next week?

Assuming I can get out of Kinshasa on Sunday, I've got reservations at the
Cammarch Hotel in Llangammarch Wells for Tuesday, but I might just find a
campsite and tent it instead. I'm free from Tuesday until Sunday, when I
need to be in Plymouth. However, I'll have wheels and I want to explore the
region a little bit. I certainly want to spend a day on the Towy, and a
couple days around Builth Wells.

Where are you at?

--riverman