William Sarokin

Default OT, any expat paddlers online?

Hi All,
I'm helping out a friend who is in the final (and I mean final, like 2 more
weeks) stages of her phd at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY.
Part of her study entails collecting data from expatriates. So, if you are,
or were, an expat, either long term or short term, please take 5 minutes to
help out a fellow outdoors person (ok, I admit it, she's a hiker, not a
paddler, but I'm working on her), and fill out a brief online questionnaire
at:

http://lallylab1.mgmt.rpi.edu/ibs/

It's totally anonymous (unless you choose to add personal data in the
comments section).

If you are not now, nor ever have been, an expat, but know someone who is,
please take it a step further and forward the link. She needs 100+
additional responses within a week or so.
Thanks!!!!
Billy Sarokin

Roos Eisma

"William Sarokin" writes:

Hi All,
I'm helping out a friend who is in the final (and I mean final, like 2 more
weeks) stages of her phd at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY.
Part of her study entails collecting data from expatriates. So, if you are,
or were, an expat, either long term or short term, please take 5 minutes to
help out a fellow outdoors person (ok, I admit it, she's a hiker, not a
paddler, but I'm working on her), and fill out a brief online questionnaire
at:

No outdoor related questions however!

Roos (who is a Dutch expat living in Scotland and one of the reasons for
that is the outdoors, and most of the questions in the questionnaire
seemed more aimed at people temporarily assigned abroad)
William Sarokin

Sorry folks,
A few expat paddlers filled in the questionnaire, but I should have been
clearer. The survey has nothing to do with paddling. Part of the study (to
which this questionnaire corresponds) concerns the effects of long term
expat assignments on the expat and his/her family. I posted here (and on
rec.boats.paddling and a few other sites) because I assumed (and correctly
so) that there would be some expats among the paddling community. My
apologies for intruding. But if you fill in the questionnaire (my
compatriot is really in a bind, she needs lots of responses withing a week
or 2 at most) and you find yourself in the New York (or Nieu Amsterdam)
area, drop me an email and I'll show you some nice paddling spots on the
Hudson River
Thanks,
Billy Sarokin