Frans Sanders

Default Do closed trailers for canoes exist?

Hello all,

I wonder if they exists... a closed trailer for a canedean canoe.

I own a canoe, about 4,5 metre and want to put it in a closed trailer. But
do they exists? specially for one canoe?

A can't find anything on the internet about it... So if you have any
adresses, URLs or anything... please let me now...

Frans, the Netherlands

David Kemper

"Frans Sanders" wrote in message
Hello all,

I wonder if they exists... a closed trailer for a canedean canoe.

I own a canoe, about 4,5 metre and want to put it in a closed trailer.

But
do they exists? specially for one canoe?

A can't find anything on the internet about it... So if you have any
adresses, URLs or anything... please let me now...

Frans, the Netherlands

'Dag Frans,

Sounds like a good idea. It would be a shame if your canoe got
wet......... :~)

Seriously though, similar trailers exist for transporting gliders,
obviously bigger than you need, but the principle is the same.
I suspect you would need to commission a custom built trailer from a
trailer builder. I know a firm in Stoke on Trent in the UK who would be
able to build such a trailer. Wouldn't be cheap though. I can dig out
their phone number if you want it.

HTH

David Kemper

Frans Sanders

(for my own curiosity) Why would you like to transport the boat in a
closed trailer?

The reason is that I can use it as storage when I park it next to my house
or on other places.
So, the transport is not the reason to close it, but the parking.

When it is closed, it is protected against wheater (winter) and against bad
people.

I have no good storage location next to my house, beside parking-places for
cars.

Frans

(So, it isn't a problem to drive with an open one, but I want to park it
closed/protected in the city)