Frans Sanders

Default Do closed trailers for canoes exist?

Hello all,

I wonder if they exists... a closed trailer for a canedean canoe.

I own a canoe, about 4,5 metre and want to put it in a closed trailer. But
do they exists? specially for one canoe?

A can't find anything on the internet about it... So if you have any
adresses, URLs or anything... please let me now...

Frans, the Netherlands

Mike McCrea

Frans - I've never seen a mass-produced closed canoe trailer.

I've seen ultra-light airplanes in long, oddly shaped trailers before,
but the trailers appeared to all have been custom made.

So, either custom made to your specifications, or DIY'ed if you are
handy enough. Sounds like a fun design project though; building a rack
inside the trailer to hold the canoe and facilitate loading and
unloading. Hummm, in a closed trailer you could load a canoe right
side up...maybe use a roller system at the rear doors of the
trailer...

....maybe an accessible slot for paddles...a bin for PFD's...

Have fun designing.

Mike

"Frans Sanders" wrote in message ...
Hello all,

I wonder if they exists... a closed trailer for a canedean canoe.

I own a canoe, about 4,5 metre and want to put it in a closed trailer. But
do they exists? specially for one canoe?

A can't find anything on the internet about it... So if you have any
adresses, URLs or anything... please let me now...

Frans, the Netherlands

Wilko

"Frans Sanders" wrote in message ...
Hello all,

I wonder if they exists... a closed trailer for a canedean canoe.

Frans, two questions:

(for my own curiosity) Why would you like to transport the boat in a
closed trailer?

Have you given thought to a closed soft-top trailer? The ones where
you can remove the tarpaulin and the frame to support the top and have
a normal open trailer.

Wilko

Wilko van den Bergh Wilkoatdse(dot)nl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe
Look at the possibilities, don't worry about the limitations.
http://wilko.webzone.ru/
Grumman-581

"David J. Van den Branden" wrote ...
If I were thinking about something like this, I would look into a used
landscaping or construction trailer.

Not that a landscaping trailer wouldn't work, but it would probably be a
little overkill for a canoe... I have a utility trailer (14 ft x 7 ft, I
believe) and it is great for those things that you normally need a pickup
for, but prefer another vehicle for whatever reasons... Things that you
wouldn't want to put in your pickup bed for fear of damaging it, you don't
feel that bad putting it in the trailer... I paid around $500 for mine a few
years back and it was brand new... I've probably put an extra $100 or so in
it (new wheels and tires)... If all I was going to be hauling was a canoe
and I wanted it in a box to hide it from prying eyes, I would go with a
cheap lightweight boat trailer like you might see for a jon boat and then
build a long narrow box that the canoe would fit into...