Grumman-581

Default Do closed trailers for canoes exist?

"David J. Van den Branden" wrote ...
If I were thinking about something like this, I would look into a used
landscaping or construction trailer.

Not that a landscaping trailer wouldn't work, but it would probably be a
little overkill for a canoe... I have a utility trailer (14 ft x 7 ft, I
believe) and it is great for those things that you normally need a pickup
for, but prefer another vehicle for whatever reasons... Things that you
wouldn't want to put in your pickup bed for fear of damaging it, you don't
feel that bad putting it in the trailer... I paid around $500 for mine a few
years back and it was brand new... I've probably put an extra $100 or so in
it (new wheels and tires)... If all I was going to be hauling was a canoe
and I wanted it in a box to hide it from prying eyes, I would go with a
cheap lightweight boat trailer like you might see for a jon boat and then
build a long narrow box that the canoe would fit into...