colin coupar

Default French Alps

Hi We ran it last week,the water was not high. You can scout at that level,
by hanging on to the rocks on the lip,the force was not that great.It runs
well if you go right of the center rock and boof off it.News of it is
getting passed on .Have fun.

"Peter Knowles" wrote in message
In article , Peter
Knowles writes
This is on the final bend of the shear sided gorge. Cannot be viewed
from the road, or from downstream. Formed by a rock fall and whilst
paddlers have been running it at higher levels it will probably have
some nasty pin potentials at lower levels. Best line when we looked at
it appeared to be by a curving slide down the extreme right into a
stopper. Centre lands you on some rocks. Left drops you in an undercut
recirculating pot. We all looked at this from the via ferrata and did
not like it one bit.

Upstream is pretty flat and although there are no eddies, it is possible
to approach the lip of the drop to make a rough scout from above before
running but there is nowhere to land unless you are spiderman.

Typical quotes to me by paddlers who ran it at higher levels we
Fairly freaky and theres no way you would want to swim it.

Best bet is to hire some via ferrata gear and look for yourself - and
have some fun whist so doing.

In article , Wilko writes
Peter Knowles wrote:

CHATEAU QUEYRAS. There is a new nasty rapid at the bottom of this,
shear rock walls, no possibility of exit, scouting, or portage so talk
to other paddlers or check this out from the new via ferrata that

runs
along the gorge (scenic and easy.

Is this closer to the end of the gorge (i.e. just after the short piece
of almost flat water just after the turn to the right/turn to the left
passage), or closer to the bridge at the normal take out for that gorge?

Is it visible when looking upstream from the bridge?

--
Peter Knowles
Rivers Publishing

O/T Any French blood out there? Don White General 0 July 16th 04 01:36 PM
French canals Vic Cruising 2 June 1st 04 04:13 AM
Cruising on the french riviera Croisiere en voilier Cote Azur riviera sailing Cruising 0 April 27th 04 01:15 PM
odd request - wood species in French Max Camirand Boat Building 9 March 7th 04 12:48 AM
OT--The French...again! NOYB General 8 December 29th 03 11:21 PM