posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring

Default paddling in Everglades N.P., First trip

Hi,

I'll be visiting Everglades N.P., FL in beginning of January as a part
of a bicycle tour with a good friend. We are thinking about doing a 2-
day canoe trip in the Everglades as a perfect addition to bicycle
riding.

We both are experienced in camping on primitive sites and spending the
night on a primitive campground in the Everglades is a major issue for
us. Unfortunately we are both not experienced in paddling. Therefore
we are serching a two day trip, with two not to long paddling days and
a nice primitive campsite for the night. Furthermore we are very
interested in the Everglades animals and would love to see many exotic
birds and Aligators on our trip.

We can start (and end) the tour either from Flamingo or from Everlades
City, where we have planned to spend at least one night so far.

Does anyone have a good idea for the tour?

Thanks,

Jens.