Default 3 day trip in the Everglades - Need info

For all the information I have looked at, I can't find the answer to
this one simple question. can the waterways of the Everglades be
paddled in both directions? If so, I can understand that it would be
best to time the trips with the tides, but is it necessary?

Also, my friend and I have 3 days and 2 nights to spend paddling in
Feb. We am reasonably competent paddlers and in good shape, can anyone
recommend a loop that would get me back where I started at the end of 3
days? Im considering going down Halfway creek from the Tamiami trail,
out to the thousand islands, then back up the turner rive canoe trail,
to the cut over (don't know what it's called) to the halfway creek and
then home.

Last Question, I have an Old Town "Polylink" canoe. What are you
thoughts about this material in the Everglades?

Tom McCloud

Since you've waited 3 days for an answer I'll jump in. I've been
to the everglades, but it's been a lot of years, used one of the
designated canoe trails with designated campsites, and also paddled
along the coast on the edge of the glades. We did paddle "up"
something the map called a river. I suspect that there is some slight
reversing current just about anywhere, but heavily influenced by the
tides. It might be necessary to delay some sections for a few hours
if the flow is against you. Based on my limited experience camping
in the glades I would recommend you give highest priority to
raccoon-proofing your food and gear. Tom McCloud