sparks

Default Kentucky/Tenessee Paddling Trip

Greetings!

You guys were the greatest help with my question regarding cold water
kayaking!!! I figured this may be a great place to post this question as
well...

I am planning a paddling trip in Kentucky or Tennessee for this coming
spring. There will be four of us in a group of beginner-intermediate
paddlers from Indianapolis. Can anyone suggest a trip for us? Here is what
we are trying to plan out in our heads and are looking for advice to make it
happen.

We will have 3 cars. a truck to drop off/pick up our kayaks at the end of
the trip. A car to leave at the ½ way point with supplies and a car to drive
us to the launch site. We will carry enough supplies for two days then re
supply and paddle to the pickup point.

I guess ultimately, we need advice from some folks with experience with the
area to suggest a river to make this happen.

Normally in the summer we do a lot of day trips around 20-30 miles long
sometimes camping overnight.

I looked at a few websites from a google search and see alot of outfitters
offering shorter 'day long' trips. I think we are wanting to steer away from
these places since we already have our own kayaks/gear and transport. I will
keep searching for more websites that describe the rivers but hopefully
there may be a local who can help us out : ) I can provide more
information if needed!!!

Any help/information/advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!!!!

Sparks

Stevescarb

Checkout the Big South Fork, Leatherwood Ford to Blue Heron mine. Water levels
in the Spring can be anything from Biblical to drought so be wary.

Steve Scarborough