Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
sparks

Default Kentucky/Tenessee Paddling Trip

Greetings!

You guys were the greatest help with my question regarding cold water
kayaking!!! I figured this may be a great place to post this question as
well...

I am planning a paddling trip in Kentucky or Tennessee for this coming
spring. There will be four of us in a group of beginner-intermediate
paddlers from Indianapolis. Can anyone suggest a trip for us? Here is what
we are trying to plan out in our heads and are looking for advice to make it
happen.

We will have 3 cars. a truck to drop off/pick up our kayaks at the end of
the trip. A car to leave at the ½ way point with supplies and a car to drive
us to the launch site. We will carry enough supplies for two days then re
supply and paddle to the pickup point.

I guess ultimately, we need advice from some folks with experience with the
area to suggest a river to make this happen.

Normally in the summer we do a lot of day trips around 20-30 miles long
sometimes camping overnight.

I looked at a few websites from a google search and see alot of outfitters
offering shorter 'day long' trips. I think we are wanting to steer away from
these places since we already have our own kayaks/gear and transport. I will
keep searching for more websites that describe the rivers but hopefully
there may be a local who can help us out : ) I can provide more
information if needed!!!

Any help/information/advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!!!!

Sparks