posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats,alt.inventors
NYC XYZ

Default Aw, Barnacles!

Excellent! Thanks again, Rodney...say, do I get a discount if I tell
'em you sent me? =)

Hope your wife gets the Tandem, too...and you your electric trolling
motor!

Rodney Long wrote:
NYC XYZ wrote:

Thanks for the review, Rodney! How do you think it'll do against a 3-5
knot current? Is it possible to paddle and pedal at the same time for
increased propulsion?

Absolutely

How tough is the boat? I wonder if its shell is
good enough for the very cold waters of wintertime.

It seams thicker than a regular kayak

Is there a downside to it at all that you can see? Or something that
you feel could be improved a bit? I'm thinking of getting the Hobie
Cat Mirage Tandem Kayak.

The only thing I added was more tie down points, and a rear anchor
system,, both of these are needed for fishing, other than that,, they
could replace the rudder with a very small electric motor :-) I'm
thinking of putting my own back there, it won't be hard to modify a
small trolling motor to mount on the rudder stud, this way you could
even have power, and a reverse, if your really wanted the ultiment PWC

Oh, sorry, but an angler I ain't! Though I enjoy seafood, for the most
part.

What do you think of the Mirage Tandem, though? While $2K is a lot of
money to me, it's still rather less than what I'd initially feared.

Man they say that thing is really fast, the wife wants me to get one of
those for the family

I hope the, what, 14-16' length doesn't mean I'll be fighting against
the water! I've paddled wooden kayaks while sometimes feel like I'm
trying to drag the thing along (of course, I'm a newbie, but the
plastic boats were more comfortable and fun).

There is no drag on my OutBack,, it will coast forever, it feels like

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.boats,alt.inventors
Rodney Long

NYC XYZ wrote:
Excellent! Thanks again, Rodney...say, do I get a discount if I tell
'em you sent me? =)

Depends on where you buy it,, if in TN. yep I can give you a $100 dollar
discount at one dealer

Rodney Long wrote:

Depends on where you buy it,, if in TN. yep I can give you a $100 dollar
discount at one dealer

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Hmm...depends on how much he's chargin' to begin with! And sometimes
they make it up with "S&H"...the cheapest price seems to be from
tshack.com in FL @ ~$1960.

Thanks again for bring it up. I can't wait to show it to my kayak
club! I don't think any of them are snooty and wouldn't look down on
folding 'yaks, inflatables, etc.

Aw, Barnacles! NYC XYZ General 17 January 23rd 06 04:53 PM
Aw, Barnacles! NYC XYZ General 18 January 23rd 06 04:53 PM
Barnacles on inboard shaft boater435 Cruising 10 October 7th 05 03:39 AM