KMAN

Default idiots want to sell you ads!

Sure thing, you inconsiderate spam-loving slob, this is a newsgroup called
rec.boats.paddle.touring. Does that sound like a suitable place to sell your
crappy spam products? In case I am not being perfectly clear, I consider the
value of your product to rank somewhere below pond scum. And I'm talking
about a pond polluted with indusrtial waste.

"Tony" wrote in message
u...
your news group or you do NOT allow these type of posts please send a
blank message to

Tony Saffioti

TSR PTY LTD
PO BOX 75 RAMSGATE N.S.W 2217
AUSTRALIA
PH: 61 02 9531 2058
FAX: 61 02 9531 2068
or e-mail

Gary S.

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:21:47 -0400, "KMAN"
wrote:

Sure thing, you inconsiderate spam-loving slob, this is a newsgroup called
rec.boats.paddle.touring. Does that sound like a suitable place to sell your
crappy spam products? In case I am not being perfectly clear, I consider the
value of your product to rank somewhere below pond scum. And I'm talking
about a pond polluted with indusrtial waste.

"Tony" wrote in message
. au...
your news group or you do NOT allow these type of posts please send a
blank message to

Tony Saffioti

I think you are being a bit harsh . . . to the pond scum.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
--
At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "KMAN" said:
Sure thing, you inconsiderate spam-loving slob, this is a newsgroup called

You think the spammers read all the newsgroups they spam? You're new
around here, aren't you?

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
C has features?? I thought the whole point of that language was to
Keenan & Julie

in article , Paul Tomblin at
wrote on 7/22/05 7:57 PM:

In a previous article, "KMAN" said:
Sure thing, you inconsiderate spam-loving slob, this is a newsgroup called

You think the spammers read all the newsgroups they spam? You're new
around here, aren't you?

No, in replying here to the group I also copied several email addresses that
appear to be associated with this nitwit.

You're new around here, aren't you?

Keenan

Cyli

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 23:57:13 +0000 (UTC),
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

In a previous article, "KMAN" said:
Sure thing, you inconsiderate spam-loving slob, this is a newsgroup called

You think the spammers read all the newsgroups they spam? You're new
around here, aren't you?

Surprizingly, some of them do. Usually smaller operators who've heard
that the Web is a good selling place and don't know the difference
between newsgroups and Web sites. The big time operators don't, of
course. No reason to. And most of the SPAM is generated by the big
timers or their sock puppets.

The little guys often come back to argue once they've been flamed.
Some of them understand about newsgroups after a while and even become
contributors to the groups. Some of them just have to be flamed and
flamed until they give up or lose their ISP a time or two.

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: lid (strip the .invalid to email)

Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Keenan & Julie said:
in article , Paul Tomblin at
wrote on 7/22/05 7:57 PM:
In a previous article, "KMAN" said:
Sure thing, you inconsiderate spam-loving slob, this is a newsgroup called

You think the spammers read all the newsgroups they spam? You're new
around here, aren't you?

No, in replying here to the group I also copied several email addresses that
appear to be associated with this nitwit.

Why didn't you just write to them instead of posting here?

You're new around here, aren't you?

Gee, I've only been running a news server since 1987. Since 1992, I've
had 10,000 users. I've had software patches incorporated into B-News,
INN, trn, cleanfeed, and SpamAssassin. I guess that does make me a
newbie.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Every nonzero finite dimensional inner product space has an orthonormal basis.

It makes sense, when you don't think about it.
KMAN

in article , Paul Tomblin at

wrote on 7/22/05 7:57 PM:
In a previous article, "KMAN" said:
Sure thing, you inconsiderate spam-loving slob, this is a newsgroup called

You think the spammers read all the newsgroups they spam? You're new
around here, aren't you?

No, in replying here to the group I also copied several email addresses that
appear to be associated with this nitwit.

Why didn't you just write to them instead of posting here?

Because it's possible that the idiot might see the response here. And I'd
like to encourage a similar response to these sorts of scum.

You're new around here, aren't you?

Gee, I've only been running a news server since 1987.

Yes, but that hasn't taught you not to be a presumptive and condescending
snark.

Since 1992, I've
had 10,000 users. I've had software patches incorporated into B-News,
INN, trn, cleanfeed, and SpamAssassin. I guess that does make me a
newbie.

That and a nickel earns you .05 of my respect regarding your view of my
decision of how to respond to this issue.

John Fereira

KMAN wrote in
:

in article , Paul Tomblin at
wrote on 7/23/05 7:54 PM:

In a previous article, Keenan & Julie
said:
in article , Paul Tomblin at
wrote on 7/22/05 7:57 PM:
In a previous article, "KMAN" said:
Sure thing, you inconsiderate spam-loving slob, this is a newsgroup
called

You think the spammers read all the newsgroups they spam? You're
new around here, aren't you?

No, in replying here to the group I also copied several email
addresses that appear to be associated with this nitwit.

Why didn't you just write to them instead of posting here?

Because it's possible that the idiot might see the response here. And
I'd like to encourage a similar response to these sorts of scum.

The standard answer that I've is not that the idiot might see a response
here but that other similarly inclined idiots might see it and be less
included to post something similar if they see what kind of response they'll
receive. On the other hand, I think that very few spammers actually read
the forums they are spamming and in many cases are just regurgitating
content provided to them using some sort of spam bot.

You're new around here, aren't you?

Gee, I've only been running a news server since 1987.

I was running one in 1986. I performed the great newsgroup renaming on it
when that occurred.

KMAN

in article , John Fereira at
wrote on 7/24/05 8:48 AM:

KMAN wrote in
:

in article , Paul Tomblin at
wrote on 7/23/05 7:54 PM:

In a previous article, Keenan & Julie
said:
in article , Paul Tomblin at
wrote on 7/22/05 7:57 PM:
In a previous article, "KMAN" said:
Sure thing, you inconsiderate spam-loving slob, this is a newsgroup
called

You think the spammers read all the newsgroups they spam? You're
new around here, aren't you?

No, in replying here to the group I also copied several email
addresses that appear to be associated with this nitwit.

Why didn't you just write to them instead of posting here?

Because it's possible that the idiot might see the response here. And
I'd like to encourage a similar response to these sorts of scum.

The standard answer that I've is not that the idiot might see a response
here but that other similarly inclined idiots might see it and be less
included to post something similar if they see what kind of response they'll
receive.

Yes, there's that too.

On the other hand, I think that very few spammers actually read
the forums they are spamming and in many cases are just regurgitating
content provided to them using some sort of spam bot.

Yes, could be.

You're new around here, aren't you?

Gee, I've only been running a news server since 1987.

I was running one in 1986. I performed the great newsgroup renaming on it
when that occurred.

I was running one in 1985. I also helped defeat Hitler with my brilliant
modifications of the Enigma.

Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, John Fereira said:
receive. On the other hand, I think that very few spammers actually read
the forums they are spamming and in many cases are just regurgitating
content provided to them using some sort of spam bot.

When you see the same untargetted ad in every newsgroup you read (and
cancel notifications in the abuse groups), then you know the spammer isn't
reading any of the groups they spam. The ONLY time when it's possibly
worth replying in the group is when the spam is targetted to the group,
and even then it's of doubtful usefulness in making other potential
spammers think twice - because in order to think twice, they'd first have
to think once, and spammers don't.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from