KMAN

in article , John Fereira at
wrote on 7/24/05 8:48 AM:

KMAN wrote in
:

in article , Paul Tomblin at
wrote on 7/23/05 7:54 PM:

In a previous article, Keenan & Julie
said:
in article , Paul Tomblin at
wrote on 7/22/05 7:57 PM:
In a previous article, "KMAN" said:
Sure thing, you inconsiderate spam-loving slob, this is a newsgroup
called

You think the spammers read all the newsgroups they spam? You're
new around here, aren't you?

No, in replying here to the group I also copied several email
addresses that appear to be associated with this nitwit.

Why didn't you just write to them instead of posting here?

Because it's possible that the idiot might see the response here. And
I'd like to encourage a similar response to these sorts of scum.

The standard answer that I've is not that the idiot might see a response
here but that other similarly inclined idiots might see it and be less
included to post something similar if they see what kind of response they'll
receive.

Yes, there's that too.

On the other hand, I think that very few spammers actually read
the forums they are spamming and in many cases are just regurgitating
content provided to them using some sort of spam bot.

Yes, could be.

You're new around here, aren't you?

Gee, I've only been running a news server since 1987.

I was running one in 1986. I performed the great newsgroup renaming on it
when that occurred.

I was running one in 1985. I also helped defeat Hitler with my brilliant
modifications of the Enigma.