Mungo Bulge

Note: One deep crease = hull damage is worth a minimum $200.00

The fine print from
http://www.middletonsboats.com/renta...e_rentals.html

--
The Road Warrior Hobbit

"Jim Flom " wrote in message
| "KMAN" wrote ...
|
| "BCITORGB" wrote ...
|
| Guilt is great.
|
| What're you suggesting...that managin friendships requires
manipulation?
| ;-)
|
| I think BCITORGBXYZ must be Catholic. ;-)

I am sorry I should not have been so gruff.
Crooked day.
I read something in to one of the responses that ticked me off. Too
much coffee. It was that you find a "better class of friend, "
I have had equipment damaged when lent out with little attempt at
compensation. It cost a chunk to repair and the equipment was old. That
said the equipment had to be replaced in one case and an expensive (
$110.00 ) repair done.
Had the repairs been done by the people that borrowed it I would have
been no farther ahead. As it was i simply fixed it.
Some how I misread the posting and though you were trying to duck a
bill.
Once again sorry.
Alex

BCITORGB

Manipulation? Hell no! There's no manipulation implied at all.

True guilt should come naturally ;-)

If I were to damage a friends property, I'd feel really, really bad.
Thus, I'm loathe to borrow (or even rent) from friends (as has been
mentioned previously in this thread).

Further, having lent to a friend, I'd feel badly making them pay for an
expensive repair on an old or used boat.

Neither a borrower nor a lender be if you value your friendships... go
to a legitimate rental place and pay the market price... that'll keep
you guilt free!

BCITORGB

I may be many things, but Catholic is not one of them... my guilt is
purely secular ;-)

BCITORGB

By and large, however, Alex, I liked your response the best.

Considering the market value of the rental for whatever period of time,
the cost of repairs likely amounts to peanuts....