Marek \Wayfarer\

Default Texas Water Safari 2005 - report in progress

I am working on my photo report from the recent Texas Water Safari 2005.
So far, I've selected about 70 pictures shot during the race by me with
Pentax Optio WP from the board of my Spencer X-treme canoe and by Connie
with Canon PowerShot S40. I am showing some pictures in my paddling
weblog before posting everything on my website:

http://users.frii.com/uliasz/weblog/

69.5 hours, 10th solo place (~30 solo boats started), 45th overall, 3
hours longer than in my previous run in 2003, hot and humid, a lot junk
in the river after the last year flooding, very rough last miles on San
Antonio Bay.

My pictures and movies from previous safaris:
http://users.frii.com/uliasz/wayfarer/tws.htm

Marek
http://www.MarekUliasz.com
Marek \Wayfarer\

http://users.frii.com/uliasz/wayfare...05/tws2005.htm

It was our 5th year of safari experience. In 2001, we came to Texas as
observers and I paddled about 1/3 of the safari course in my home made
Patuxent kayak. In 2002 and 2003 I run the race solo in Spencer X-treme
canoe with Connie as my team captain and finished in 78:19 and 66:05
hours respectively. We came again to San Marcos in 2004 but the race was
postponned twice due to flooding and we couldn't make the later date.

In 2005 I paddled solo again and finished in 69:29 hours. After three
finished safaris I can repeat after Jack Spencer: "It's not getting any
easier".

Marek
http://www.MarekUliasz.com