Carl Buehler

Default Everglades Touring

I am planning a 6 day 5 night trip in the Everglades Wilderness Waterway.
I have done this trip before many years ago in a canoe, But I am taking
my Perception Eclipes 14.5. Fresh water will take up allot of my storage.
I am looking at the North Water Deck bag to help store some other items.

Any storage packing suggestions would be most welcome.

Carl
John Pie

I always make that trip by canoe, but on my last trip there I camped next to a
kayaker. He carried all of his water in small bottles which could be stored in
all of the 'nooks and crannies' instead of using a larger water container. I
can't offer any other advice, being a single blade kind of paddler myself. Good
luck!
" If clean air and water and a healthy environment have not harmed you, please
reciprocate."
Carl Buehler

Thanks John,

I have done allot of checking on the www. and I have picked
up a bunch of new light weight gear. All of my older backpacking
gear is about twenty years old. I picked up a nice solo tent, a MSR
Whisperlight internationle stove and some other goodies. As I mentioned before
I have done this trip in a canoe for 9 days from Everglades City
to Flamingo. But this will be the first time in a Kayak. I was out in my
Kayak yesterday and did about ten miles kayaking around Weedon Island State
Park here in Pinellas County FL. It was very Low tide. I noticed that I could
Paddle right into about three inches of water before bottoming out. Once
I am loaded down with gear in the Everglades Wilderness Waterway, I am sure it
won't be any where near that.

Carl

(John Pie) wrote in message ...
I always make that trip by canoe, but on my last trip there I camped next to a
kayaker. He carried all of his water in small bottles which could be stored in
all of the 'nooks and crannies' instead of using a larger water container. I
can't offer any other advice, being a single blade kind of paddler myself. Good
luck!
" If clean air and water and a healthy environment have not harmed you, please
reciprocate."

Dave

I did an 8 day Wilderness Waterway trip in a similar sized kayak. I used 3
Stearns bags to hold all of my water and I was able to stow all of my gear
under the deck, but it wasn't easy. Use lots of small drybags in lieu of fewer
large ones.
Good luck with your trip!

-Dave-