wpatrick

Default Tide Software (freeware)

Hello all... There is a very good freeware tide predictor available:

Check the following:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14649 (Macintosh OSX)

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/15051 (Windows)

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/palm/22 (Palm OS)

The author(s) of this software are quick to offer the disclaimers regarding
accuracy. I have manually figured the tides in a few cases and have found
the software to be reasonably accurate for the Pacific Northwest.

I use the Macintosh version and Palm version daily.

No affiliation at all... I stumbled across these things and really
appreciate the efforts of the authors. Please don't get overly critical or
turn this into some kind of rant.

Whit

Timo Noko

In article , wpatrick wrote:

I use the Macintosh version and Palm version daily.

No affiliation at all... I stumbled across these things and really
appreciate the efforts of the authors. Please don't get overly critical or
turn this into some kind of rant.

Here is my rant:

Howcome there is no DOS-version of the program? I have Nokia 9110
cell-phone, which can be reprogrammed to a MSDOS-machine. Hence I
have GPS-maps and other useful things running in it. Except the tidal
prediction program TIDE23.EXE, which runs very well in other
DOS-based palmtops refuses to do so in the cellphone.
wpatrick

On 2/4/04 18:13, in article , "Timo Noko"
wrote:

In article , wpatrick wrote:

I use the Macintosh version and Palm version daily.

No affiliation at all... I stumbled across these things and really
appreciate the efforts of the authors. Please don't get overly critical or
turn this into some kind of rant.

Here is my rant:

Howcome there is no DOS-version of the program? I have Nokia 9110
cell-phone, which can be reprogrammed to a MSDOS-machine. Hence I
have GPS-maps and other useful things running in it. Except the tidal
prediction program TIDE23.EXE, which runs very well in other
DOS-based palmtops refuses to do so in the cellphone.

Tim,

How come there is no DOS version? I have no idea. You've got to love the
price though! Chuckle.

Whit