Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
wpatrick

Default Tide Software (freeware)

Hello all... There is a very good freeware tide predictor available:

Check the following:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14649 (Macintosh OSX)

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/15051 (Windows)

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/palm/22 (Palm OS)

The author(s) of this software are quick to offer the disclaimers regarding
accuracy. I have manually figured the tides in a few cases and have found
the software to be reasonably accurate for the Pacific Northwest.

I use the Macintosh version and Palm version daily.

No affiliation at all... I stumbled across these things and really
appreciate the efforts of the authors. Please don't get overly critical or
turn this into some kind of rant.

Whit