Paula Johnson

Default Sprayskirt for Eddyline Nighthawk 16

I ordered my first sea kayak - an Eddyline Nighthawk 16. I'm so excited! It
arrives Monday. Any other Nighthawk 16 or Merlin LT paddlers out there? What
neoprene sprayskirt do you use? I looked at the Snapdragon sizing chart,
which recommended a medium deck size, but couldn't fit it over the coaming.
Had to go to large deck size. Any advice? Also, I have a weak shoulder, so
not a lot of strength on that forward motion to start the sprayskirt
release. A very strong gripping skirt would not be a good thing . . .

Paula - age 50 with arthritis

Rob & Grete Burgoon

Whoops! Sorry abt the first post - here's the info

My daughter and I have 2001 Nighthawks. The skirt I use is a Harmony
LC-Touring (2SKNEOBLK). I have no trouble installing or exiting (I am
57, no arthritis). However this skirt must be released by hand on the
Nighthawk, it will not come off by pushing up with the knees. I am
comfortable with this skirt and the way it stays attached. My daughter
wanted something easier to release. I got her an NRS "Kilt" Sea Tour
Spray Deck. It fits fine but is easier to release. It will release if
you push your knees up.

Rob & Grete Burgoon wrote:

Paula Johnson wrote:

I ordered my first sea kayak - an Eddyline Nighthawk 16. I'm so
excited! It
arrives Monday. Any other Nighthawk 16 or Merlin LT paddlers out
there? What
neoprene sprayskirt do you use? I looked at the Snapdragon sizing chart,
which recommended a medium deck size, but couldn't fit it over the
coaming.
Had to go to large deck size. Any advice? Also, I have a weak
shoulder, so
not a lot of strength on that forward motion to start the sprayskirt
release. A very strong gripping skirt would not be a good thing . . .

Paula - age 50 with arthritis

Jim Plaia

Whetstone at www.kayakstore.com will make a custom fit spray skirt for
fairly low cost. It would be neoprene rather than nylon so it might
still be too difficult to remove, but it might be worth calling
anyway.
Jim Plaia

??????
Website is still up

"Wade Norton" wrote in message .net...
I thought Whetstone went out of business? Am I wrong?
Wade

Bob Gagnon

I have a Nighthawk 16, a great boat. I use a Harmony LC-1X sprayskirt.
The rand is big enough to get on easily and snug enough to do the job
when practicing rolls etc and when paddling in heavy weather
conditions.

Enjoy your new Nighthawk!

Sprayskirt Glue? peteg General 7 January 5th 04 06:28 AM
Review of Tour de Jour sprayskirt Andrea General 0 July 11th 03 02:08 AM