posted to alt.sailing.tall-ships
Paul Lunnon

Default Is this newsgroup still alive?

posted to alt.sailing.tall-ships
Bert Olton

Paul Lunnon wrote:
[no clipping - Paul didn't write anything but a subject line]

I check in on a daily basis. Haven't had time lately to post anything,
but I'm sure this lull in activity won't last forever.

Bert
--
To all who have served or are serving the cause of freedom, from
whatever country, whether in peace or in war, at home or abroad, thank you.

"Let's roll!" Todd Beamer, Flight 93, September 11, 2001.
posted to alt.sailing.tall-ships
Duncan

"Bert Olton" wrote in message
Paul Lunnon wrote:
[no clipping - Paul didn't write anything but a subject line]

I check in on a daily basis. Haven't had time lately to post anything,
but I'm sure this lull in activity won't last forever.

Bert
--
To all who have served or are serving the cause of freedom, from
whatever country, whether in peace or in war, at home or abroad, thank

you.

"Let's roll!" Todd Beamer, Flight 93, September 11, 2001.

I do look at the group about once a week, but never post much ('cos nobody
else does!).
My very limited tall ships experience is at:
http://www.the.ravine.btinternet.co.uk/Tallships.htm

or straight to the pics of Cherbourg & Newcastle 2005 at
http://www.the.ravine.btinternet.co....s001/page1.htm

Duncan

"Duncan" wrote in message

"Bert Olton" wrote in message
Paul Lunnon wrote:
[no clipping - Paul didn't write anything but a subject line]

I check in on a daily basis. Haven't had time lately to post anything,
but I'm sure this lull in activity won't last forever.

Bert
--
To all who have served or are serving the cause of freedom, from
whatever country, whether in peace or in war, at home or abroad, thank

you.

"Let's roll!" Todd Beamer, Flight 93, September 11, 2001.

I do look at the group about once a week, but never post much ('cos nobody
else does!).
My very limited tall ships experience is at:
http://www.the.ravine.btinternet.co.uk/Tallships.htm

or straight to the pics of Cherbourg & Newcastle 2005 at
http://www.the.ravine.btinternet.co....s001/page1.htm

Duncan

Hi

Glad there is some one there as I was beginning to think I had a problem
with my Newsreader as two of my groups seemed to have died.
My tall ship experience was sailing across the Atlantic on the final leg of
the Columbus regatta in 1992 aboard The Eye of the Wind.
I was in Newcastle in July as my newly formed Company Stand Alone Firing
solutions supplied the radio firing system for the fire works that were on
the river Tyne. As a precaution my partner and I got ourselves on board
Tenacious so that we could check them and if necessary turn any of the
pontoons off (by radio command) should there be a problem, there wasn't.
Whilst I was there I was able to board The Eye and have a good look around
what a wonderful condition she is in it brought all the memories flooding
back of that magic passage. I have always meant to do it again but my life
has not made space for it perhaps one day.

My links www.standalone.uk.com www.p.lunnon.dsl.pipex.com

Happy New Year

Paul

posted to alt.sailing.tall-ships
CJB

Only alive if folk post to it!! CJB.

posted to alt.sailing.tall-ships
Lou van Wijhe

"Paul Lunnon" schreef in bericht
news

I do look into it daily (apart from this New Year vacation...). By the way,
my interest in tall ships is mainly because of my ship modelling hobby, see
http://home.hccnet.nl/jl.van.wijhe/H...hips01.EN.html
--
Lou van Wijhe
Website: http://home.hccnet.nl/jl.van.wijhe/