Terry Spragg

Default Harry's newsgroup.

Well, Harry, I gotta admit, you are as persistant as some of the
real nuts around here.

You pass to us, who do not seek that here, the news of our
catastrophe, constantly, though you seem to think there is only one
cause. There are one or two more votes on one side than the other
though, so perhaps it is apathy, not Bush? Cartoons and booze are
more fun than intellectual inquiry, unless you are geek.

Rather than cry about the sky falling, perhaps we might do better to
suggest solutions?

I know, I know, "Impeach Bush!" right? But what should his successor
do? What needs to be done? What is the real problem in this savage
world?

After some research (there is never enough, or enough analysts) I
see a few salient points that need to be addressed:

1. Oil is "the Devil's excrement." even according to those who have
it, and those who cannot defend their possessions against rapacious
plunderers. It's use seems to have caused global warming, though
solar output may be far more influential. We need alternatives, yet
those with the power and money have not yet helped. Like in the case
of the Avro Arrow, GM is demolishing it's successful EV1 electric
cars, possibly because the invested technology of seperate drive
trains does not permit full exploitaion of e-wheel drive and brake
regeneration systems in a smooth transition, or because, as
suggested on Discovery channel, they will not require enough in the
way of profitable replacement or repair parts as they age, if ever.
A good e-car could be expected last a very long time. How slowly can
GM conduct this basic technology platform change, and how to
maintain the wealth of those who fear change and innovative
investment? Will we see an announcement out of the blue that new
tech, tiny, efficient, home charged e-cars are suddeny available,
and cheap? Who owns GM? Could it be an oil tycoon, concerned for his
vertically integrated transport energy empire? Does he conspire to
oppose nuclear power for some reason?

2. Hatred fills the hearts of many, especially those who feel
dispossessed, like Aboriginal peoples, "liberated" descendants of
imported slaves, and those with local minority religious beliefs.
Will Canadian government fiscal efforts to placate Indians with
legitimate claims result in larger, more wasteful Indian affairs
bureaucracies, or benefit those who are still imprisoned on reserves?

3. The Logic Of The Universe (LOTU) seems to indicate that religious
organisations, and their inadequately guarded literature, possibly
inspired at some point, inevitably become polluted by avaricious
humans who see organisations generally as tools to be exploited to
aggrandize themselves. 40 years ago, a man suggested that evolution
was one of God's tools for the construction of this existance. In
ignorance, I too invented that concept (independantly, I think) 30
years ago, unaware that He would get a Nobel peace prize for this
concept as it offers an avenue to reconcile faith and science. I am
glad to think I am not the only one who can think. I am ashamed to
admit my memory for names, possibly a result of my upbringing, does
not permit me to name this individual.

4. Most do not think, only regurgitate what they are forced to in
schools run by petty tyrants who do not allow students to think, as
my science teacher 40 years ago illustrated to me when I proposed a
slightly different tack (boating reference) to explain the chemistry
and physics of lead acid batteries. I thought it was easier to
explain from the initial point of view of lead and acid chemical
reactions. He insisted the road to enlightenment could only start
with textbook lessons that an accumulated charge forcing certain
interactions culminated in a chemical reaction. I did not do well
in school, because I was rebellious and an independant thinker, and
asked questions others could not answer, causing my unpopularity as
a result of public ridicule. New chemistry developed lithium
batteries as inherently much better.

5. It seems clear water is going to become more critical than oil,
and sooner than would be best, if one can see what is happening ever
so slowly, whatever the cause. Climate change, excessive meat
production and consumption, agricultural waste of water, toilet use,
and landfills full of poisons from old tyres, batteries,
insecticides, diapers, and heavy metals, etc. are accumulating as
persistant effects on our water.

So, now I ask you to tell me what can be done, when we are free to
think without fear about alternatives to the oil structure, who's
product is far too valuable to burn. Hydrocarbons offer plastics
strong and light and durable enough to make steel obsolete, along
with gasoline and diesel fuels.

I tire.

Terry K

Sir Rodney Smithers

What amazes me if Harry had "a house of guest", but he spent the entire day
posting in rec.boats. The guest might have been happy that Harry preferred
to spend Thanksgiving with rec.boats instead of them. Harry barely had
enough time to eat dinner before he came back to rec.boats.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Terry Spragg wrote:
Well, Harry, I gotta admit, you are as persistant as some of the real
nuts around here.

I am quite tenacious. It is one of my best and worst attributes.

You pass to us, who do not seek that here, the news of our catastrophe,
constantly, though you seem to think there is only one cause. There are
one or two more votes on one side than the other though, so perhaps it is
apathy, not Bush? Cartoons and booze are more fun than intellectual
inquiry, unless you are geek.

Well, we now have a POTUS who thinks cartoons and booze are more important
than intellectual inquiry, eh?

Rather than cry about the sky falling, perhaps we might do better to
suggest solutions?

Force Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Rice out of office, and install a
caretaker government until we can hold honest elections. That would be a
start.

I know, I know, "Impeach Bush!" right? But what should his successor do?
What needs to be done? What is the real problem in this savage world?

Right now, the "real problem" in this world is the US government trying to
force its will on people who'd rather give it the finger.

--
You Voted for Bush? How embarrassing!

William Bruce

"Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about my knighthood. wrote in message
. ..
What amazes me if Harry had "a house of guest", but he spent the entire
day posting in rec.boats. The guest might have been happy that Harry
preferred to spend Thanksgiving with rec.boats instead of them. Harry
barely had enough time to eat dinner before he came back to rec.boats.

He no more had a house full of guests than he has a Yale degree (or a
medical doctor wife or a lobster boat).

Cheers of the Season,
William

Sir Rodney Smithers

Harry,
I am curious, why did you spend all of Thanksgiving Day and Night, posting
on rec.boats. I would have thought at least your wife would have asked you
to spend time with her.

William Bruce wrote:
"Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about my knighthood. wrote in message
. ..

Ahh, two members of the "Obsessed with Harry Club" check in...

--
Clinton ruined a dress; Bush ruined a nation.

William Bruce

"Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about my knighthood. wrote in message
Harry,
I am curious, why did you spend all of Thanksgiving Day and Night, posting
on rec.boats. I would have thought at least your wife would have asked
you to spend time with her.

Maybe Mrs./Dr./Dr. Krause was on call at the hospital. Do you think?

Cheers,
William

Terry Spragg

Harry Krause wrote:
William Bruce wrote:

"Sir Rodney Smithers"

Ahh, two members of the "Obsessed with Harry Club" are playing pocket
pool with each other. How sweet.

You shouldn't provoke fools. This is not your private icq channel.

Terry K

Terry Spragg

Harry Krause wrote:

Terry Spragg wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

William Bruce wrote:

"Sir Rodney Smithers"

Ahh, two members of the "Obsessed with Harry Club" are playing pocket
pool with each other. How sweet.

You shouldn't provoke fools. This is not your private icq channel.

Terry K

I believe these particular fools and the other members of the "Obsessed
with Harry Club" are "self-provoking," as it were.

Hmmm. Such innuendo.

I asked you 5 questions.

Even killing Bush et al will not do.

This is not my only outlet.

This is not a chat line.

Must run

Terry K

Terry Spragg

Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:

What amazes me if Harry had "a house of guest", but he spent the entire day
posting in rec.boats. The guest might have been happy that Harry preferred
to spend Thanksgiving with rec.boats instead of them. Harry barely had
enough time to eat dinner before he came back to rec.boats.

Some willingly give their lives, labouring in the service of the
rumour, bereft of helpers, struggling on in blood.

Terry K

Terry Spragg wrote:

[...]

You do seem obsessed with me.

Are you starting a new club. Harry's Obsession with those he has filtered
Club?

Terry Spragg wrote:
Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:

What amazes me if Harry had "a house of guest", but he spent the entire
day posting in rec.boats. The guest might have been happy that Harry
preferred to spend Thanksgiving with rec.boats instead of them. Harry
barely had enough time to eat dinner before he came back to rec.boats.

Some willingly give their lives, labouring in the service of the rumour,
bereft of helpers, struggling on in blood.

Terry K

And some, like Smithers here, can only cough up their obsession with me.

--
Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot.

William Bruce

"Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about my knighthood. wrote in message:
Harry,
I am curious, why did you spend all of Thanksgiving Day and Night, posting
on rec.boats. I would have thought at least your wife would have asked you
to spend time with her.

Perhaps, just maybe, she values her time away from this crazy, pathetic old
ninny.

Cheers,
William

Rename of this newsgroup ? tafflad General 7 November 16th 05 06:03 PM
This newsgroup is at least 71% off topic posts - TAKE IT SOMEPLACE ELSE! Chuck Tribolet General 8 November 14th 05 05:18 PM
Harry's Dilemma Skipper General 2 November 4th 05 02:23 PM
is this a newsgroup about boats? Mike Hollywood General 16 October 10th 05 08:31 PM