Chuck Tribolet

Default This newsgroup is at least 71% off topic posts - TAKE IT SOMEPLACE ELSE!

I just did some analyiss. I have a way of marking threads off topic. So far in November:

124 of 210 of the new threads were off topic from the start. That's 59%

At least 3169 of 4422 posts were off topic. That's 71%. I say "at least" because I don't in
general flag those on-topic threads that get hijacked into off-topic, which is not an uncommon
occurance. I do catch a few if it's a thread I'm following. On the other side, I don't catch those
off-topic threads that manage to meander back on topic, but those are a rare occurance.

So take the off-topic stuff someplace else. You are ruining this newsgroup.

Chuck Tribolet

Skipper

Chuck Tribolet wrote:

So take the off-topic stuff someplace else. You are ruining this newsgroup.

As one who believes this NG is without any hope of recovery as long as
Krause infects it, would you say your post was on or off topic?

--
Skipper
Mr. Smithers

Chuck,
Anyone who cut and pastes newspaper articles in rec.boats, does not want
this to be a boating group. You will see there are maybe 3 or 4 people who
go out of their way to make sure boating is not discussed here.

"Chuck Tribolet" wrote in message
I just did some analyiss. I have a way of marking threads off topic. So
far in November:

124 of 210 of the new threads were off topic from the start. That's 59%

At least 3169 of 4422 posts were off topic. That's 71%. I say "at least"
because I don't in
general flag those on-topic threads that get hijacked into off-topic,
which is not an uncommon
occurance. I do catch a few if it's a thread I'm following. On the other
side, I don't catch those
off-topic threads that manage to meander back on topic, but those are a
rare occurance.

So take the off-topic stuff someplace else. You are ruining this
newsgroup.

Chuck Tribolet

Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

Since you don't have a boat, Adolf, and what little you post here of a
boating nature is crap you've posted 50 times before, you are completely
off topic.

You are responsible for placing this NG in the toilet, Krause. It is
what it is until you and your flame fest buds leave and allow boaters to
communicate.

--
Skipper
NOYB

"Chuck Tribolet" wrote in message
I just did some analyiss. I have a way of marking threads off topic.

You have a way of marking threads off topic? You mean, besides the "OT"
before the OT threads?

Sal's Dad

In another analysis, in the 2 weeks since this topic was discussed last, I
see only 3 "new" OT postings; I have added the originators to my "blocked"
list. In maybe 5 years, I have "blocked" 47 senders from my newsgroup
browser.

It is sorely tempting to start blocking those who take the bait, as well.
Or, does anybody have any ideas how to ignore or delete entire threads,
which were originated by certain people?

Sal's Dad

[...]

Chuck Tribolet

I mark the thread off topic (often one YOU originated), then at least I don't have to
see the rest of it. But it's stll a pain.

Mr. Smithers wrote:
Chuck,
Anyone who cut and pastes newspaper articles in rec.boats, does not want
this to be a boating group. You will see there are maybe 3 or 4 people who
go out of their way to make sure boating is not discussed here.

You being one of the primary offenders.