Default Ships of the old Portuguese cod fishing fleet 0

Three ships of the Portuguese cod fishing fleet, off Newfoundland,
circa 1960-62

"JR" schreef in bericht

Three ships of the Portuguese cod fishing fleet, off Newfoundland,
circa 1960-62

Thanks for these original pictures.
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

JR added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Three ships of the Portuguese cod fishing fleet, off Newfoundland,
circa 1960-62

JR, are these your scans or did you download them from somewhere?

--
HP, aka Jerry

On Sat, 31 May 2008 13:58:27 -0500, "HEMI - Powered"
wrote:

JR added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Three ships of the Portuguese cod fishing fleet, off Newfoundland,
circa 1960-62

JR, are these your scans or did you download them from somewhere?

These are scans of photos taken by my father. He was a medic in some
of these ships, in the early 60s'. Unfortunately I have only 1 more
photo of just a tall ship. The rest are not on-topic for this group.

wrote:

JR added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Three ships of the Portuguese cod fishing fleet, off Newfoundland,
circa 1960-62

JR, are these your scans or did you download them from somewhere?

These are scans of photos taken by my father. He was a medic in some
of these ships, in the early 60s'. Unfortunately I have only 1 more
photo of just a tall ship. The rest are not on-topic for this group.

What are the rest about? We have a fairly broad interest here. Of the
sea is a great wide interest.

wrote:

JR added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Three ships of the Portuguese cod fishing fleet, off Newfoundland,
circa 1960-62

JR, are these your scans or did you download them from somewhere?

These are scans of photos taken by my father. He was a medic in some
of these ships, in the early 60s'. Unfortunately I have only 1 more
photo of just a tall ship. The rest are not on-topic for this group.

What are the rest about? We have a fairly broad interest here. Of the
sea is a great wide interest.

St Johns, icebergs, some old cargo ships...

wrote:

JR added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Three ships of the Portuguese cod fishing fleet, off Newfoundland,
circa 1960-62

JR, are these your scans or did you download them from somewhere?

These are scans of photos taken by my father. He was a medic in some
of these ships, in the early 60s'. Unfortunately I have only 1 more
photo of just a tall ship. The rest are not on-topic for this group.

What are the rest about? We have a fairly broad interest here. Of the
sea is a great wide interest.

St Johns, icebergs, some old cargo ships...

Some here would like to see them if you have the time to share. If you
look back you will see a lot of variety here.

JR added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Three ships of the Portuguese cod fishing fleet, off Newfoundland,
circa 1960-62

JR, are these your scans or did you download them from somewhere?

These are scans of photos taken by my father. He was a medic in some
of these ships, in the early 60s'. Unfortunately I have only 1 more
photo of just a tall ship. The rest are not on-topic for this group.

JR, from what I have heard since coming here just a few months ago, just
about anything at all that floats is on-topic enough to post, so please
do unless you also mean your father's pics are also "inappropriate". Too
bad you don't have the original photos as modern technology might be able
to increase the quality of already good scans.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"You've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a ****!"

JR added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Three ships of the Portuguese cod fishing fleet, off Newfoundland,
circa 1960-62

JR, are these your scans or did you download them from somewhere?

These are scans of photos taken by my father. He was a medic in some
of these ships, in the early 60s'. Unfortunately I have only 1 more
photo of just a tall ship. The rest are not on-topic for this group.

What are the rest about? We have a fairly broad interest here. Of the
sea is a great wide interest.

St Johns, icebergs, some old cargo ships...

go ahead and post 'em!

--
HP, aka Jerry

"You've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a ****!"

On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 09:04:03 -0500, "HEMI - Powered"
wrote:

JR, from what I have heard since coming here just a few months ago, just
about anything at all that floats is on-topic enough to post, so please
do unless you also mean your father's pics are also "inappropriate". Too
bad you don't have the original photos as modern technology might be able
to increase the quality of already good scans.

These scans *are* of the original photos... I spent some time in
paintshop "working" some of them, but the original camera was a cheap
model anyway...

[IMG] code is On

Ships of the old Portuguese cod fishing fleet 3 - codfishing fleet unknown.jpg JR[_3_] Tall Ship Photos 4 June 1st 08 12:19 PM
Ships of the old Portuguese cod fishing fleet 2 - codfishing fleet creoula.jpg JR[_3_] Tall Ship Photos 1 May 31st 08 11:23 PM
Ships of the old Portuguese cod fishing fleet 1 - codfishing fleet argus.jpg JR[_3_] Tall Ship Photos 1 May 31st 08 11:19 PM
Portuguese Water dog Cruising 8 July 29th 06 04:09 PM
A new addition to the fleet Jim Bailey General 4 July 31st 05 08:02 PM