BoatBanter.com

-   Tall Ship Photos (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/)
-   -   Ships of the old Portuguese cod fishing fleet 0 (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/94961-ships-old-portuguese-cod-fishing-fleet-0-a.html)

JR[_3_] May 31st 08 07:14 PM

Ships of the old Portuguese cod fishing fleet 0

Three ships of the Portuguese cod fishing fleet, off Newfoundland,
circa 1960-62

Bouler May 31st 08 07:54 PM

Ships of the old Portuguese cod fishing fleet 0

"JR" schreef in bericht

Three ships of the Portuguese cod fishing fleet, off Newfoundland,
circa 1960-62

Thanks for these original pictures.
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

HEMI - Powered[_2_] May 31st 08 07:58 PM

Ships of the old Portuguese cod fishing fleet 0

JR added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Three ships of the Portuguese cod fishing fleet, off Newfoundland,
circa 1960-62

JR, are these your scans or did you download them from somewhere?

--
HP, aka Jerry

JR[_3_] June 1st 08 12:14 PM

Ships of the old Portuguese cod fishing fleet 0

On Sat, 31 May 2008 13:58:27 -0500, "HEMI - Powered"
wrote:

JR added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Three ships of the Portuguese cod fishing fleet, off Newfoundland,
circa 1960-62

JR, are these your scans or did you download them from somewhere?

These are scans of photos taken by my father. He was a medic in some
of these ships, in the early 60s'. Unfortunately I have only 1 more
photo of just a tall ship. The rest are not on-topic for this group.

joevan[_2_] June 1st 08 12:40 PM

wrote:

JR added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Three ships of the Portuguese cod fishing fleet, off Newfoundland,
circa 1960-62

JR, are these your scans or did you download them from somewhere?

These are scans of photos taken by my father. He was a medic in some
of these ships, in the early 60s'. Unfortunately I have only 1 more
photo of just a tall ship. The rest are not on-topic for this group.

What are the rest about? We have a fairly broad interest here. Of the
sea is a great wide interest.

JR[_3_] June 1st 08 01:18 PM

Ships of the old Portuguese cod fishing fleet 0

wrote:

JR added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Three ships of the Portuguese cod fishing fleet, off Newfoundland,
circa 1960-62

JR, are these your scans or did you download them from somewhere?

These are scans of photos taken by my father. He was a medic in some
of these ships, in the early 60s'. Unfortunately I have only 1 more
photo of just a tall ship. The rest are not on-topic for this group.

What are the rest about? We have a fairly broad interest here. Of the
sea is a great wide interest.

St Johns, icebergs, some old cargo ships...

joevan[_2_] June 1st 08 01:31 PM

wrote:

JR added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Three ships of the Portuguese cod fishing fleet, off Newfoundland,
circa 1960-62

JR, are these your scans or did you download them from somewhere?

These are scans of photos taken by my father. He was a medic in some
of these ships, in the early 60s'. Unfortunately I have only 1 more
photo of just a tall ship. The rest are not on-topic for this group.

What are the rest about? We have a fairly broad interest here. Of the
sea is a great wide interest.

St Johns, icebergs, some old cargo ships...

Some here would like to see them if you have the time to share. If you
look back you will see a lot of variety here.

HEMI - Powered[_2_] June 1st 08 03:04 PM

Ships of the old Portuguese cod fishing fleet 0

JR added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Three ships of the Portuguese cod fishing fleet, off Newfoundland,
circa 1960-62

JR, are these your scans or did you download them from somewhere?

These are scans of photos taken by my father. He was a medic in some
of these ships, in the early 60s'. Unfortunately I have only 1 more
photo of just a tall ship. The rest are not on-topic for this group.

JR, from what I have heard since coming here just a few months ago, just
about anything at all that floats is on-topic enough to post, so please
do unless you also mean your father's pics are also "inappropriate". Too
bad you don't have the original photos as modern technology might be able
to increase the quality of already good scans.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"You've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a ****!"

HEMI - Powered[_2_] June 1st 08 03:04 PM

Ships of the old Portuguese cod fishing fleet 0

JR added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Three ships of the Portuguese cod fishing fleet, off Newfoundland,
circa 1960-62

JR, are these your scans or did you download them from somewhere?

These are scans of photos taken by my father. He was a medic in some
of these ships, in the early 60s'. Unfortunately I have only 1 more
photo of just a tall ship. The rest are not on-topic for this group.

What are the rest about? We have a fairly broad interest here. Of the
sea is a great wide interest.

St Johns, icebergs, some old cargo ships...

go ahead and post 'em!

JR[_3_] June 1st 08 03:47 PM

Ships of the old Portuguese cod fishing fleet 0

On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 09:04:03 -0500, "HEMI - Powered"
wrote:

JR, from what I have heard since coming here just a few months ago, just
about anything at all that floats is on-topic enough to post, so please
do unless you also mean your father's pics are also "inappropriate". Too
bad you don't have the original photos as modern technology might be able
to increase the quality of already good scans.

These scans *are* of the original photos... I spent some time in
paintshop "working" some of them, but the original camera was a cheap
model anyway...