Default River Ice Breaking 01

On the Red River in Manitoba. During the spring break up ice will
occasionally jamb up and dam the river, flooding the surrounding area.
The Amphibex machine breaks up the ice so that it will move down stream
without piling up. The link is to the Amphibex web site

http://www.normrock.ca/1/The_Amphibex/The_Amphibex

LdB

Attached Thumbnails
River Ice Breaking 01-apict0023.jpg

L D'Bonnie added these comments in the current discussion du jour

On the Red River in Manitoba. During the spring break up ice
will occasionally jamb up and dam the river, flooding the
surrounding area. The Amphibex machine breaks up the ice so that
it will move down stream without piling up. The link is to the
Amphibex web site

http://www.normrock.ca/1/The_Amphibex/The_Amphibex

Now, THIS is a "tall-ship"! grin

--
HP, aka Jerry

"That's all I have to say about that" - Forrest Gump

Interesting set of photos!

Paul

HEMI-Powered wrote:
L D'Bonnie added these comments in the current discussion du jour

On the Red River in Manitoba. During the spring break up ice
will occasionally jamb up and dam the river, flooding the
surrounding area. The Amphibex machine breaks up the ice so that
it will move down stream without piling up. The link is to the
Amphibex web site

http://www.normrock.ca/1/The_Amphibex/The_Amphibex

Now, THIS is a "tall-ship"! grin

Perhaps a renaming of the group is in order. Something like

alt.binaries.pictures.tall.short.long.lean-ships-boats-things.that.float.or.not.and.kids.on.cannons

LdB

L D'Bonnie added these comments in the current discussion du jour

On the Red River in Manitoba. During the spring break up ice
will occasionally jamb up and dam the river, flooding the
surrounding area. The Amphibex machine breaks up the ice so
that it will move down stream without piling up. The link is
to the Amphibex web site

http://www.normrock.ca/1/The_Amphibex/The_Amphibex

Now, THIS is a "tall-ship"! grin

Perhaps a renaming of the group is in order. Something like

alt.binaries.pictures.tall.short.long.lean-ships-boats-things.tha
t.float.or.not.and.kids.on.cannons

Nah! I like it just fine, but note the "grin" after my comment as
I really did think the "ship" was pretty damn interesting, I've
certainly never seen anything like it before, so I downloaded it
for my slide show screen saver. Yes, I see the smiley face after
your comment so I imagine you're also kidding in a way.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"That's all I have to say about that" - Forrest Gump

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 14:03:53 -0500, L D'Bonnie wrote
(in article ):

On the Red River in Manitoba. During the spring break up ice will
occasionally jamb up and dam the river, flooding the surrounding area.
The Amphibex machine breaks up the ice so that it will move down stream
without piling up. The link is to the Amphibex web site

http://www.normrock.ca/1/The_Amphibex/The_Amphibex

LdB

What an incredible contraption! If you go to the Web site, click Videos and
then watch the "Glace" video. Interesting!

-Vlad

--

Vlad & Genny Kedrovsky
Edina, Minnesota, USA

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 06:52:48 -0500, Vlad wrote:

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 14:03:53 -0500, L D'Bonnie wrote
(in article ):

On the Red River in Manitoba. During the spring break up ice will
occasionally jamb up and dam the river, flooding the surrounding area.
The Amphibex machine breaks up the ice so that it will move down stream
without piling up. The link is to the Amphibex web site

http://www.normrock.ca/1/The_Amphibex/The_Amphibex

LdB

What an incredible contraption! If you go to the Web site, click Videos and
then watch the "Glace" video. Interesting!

-Vlad

That is an interesting thang.

HEMI-Powered wrote:
[...]

You imagined correctly. There have been many posts to the group that
"stretch" things a tad. I plead guilty to a few of them myself.

Unusual photos provide interesting fill between the rare tall ship
posts. I have saved a few of your "nearly on topic" posts.

Just so you don't have to imagine this time, I believe this image
will clarify things.

LdB

Attached Thumbnails
River Ice Breaking 01-happy-dog.jpg

[...]

Before I started posting, I asked about the apparent broad meaning
of "tall-ships" to include about anything that floats. Bouler,
among others, commented pretty much as you did, namely that so long
as it is a ship or a boat, it is acceptable. And, there appears not
to be a FAQ document, so I've restricted my posts to approximately
the categories of boats & ships I saw here, although I, too, have
stretched the definition as well but nobody seems to be complaining
so why make a fuss when there is any, right?!

--
HP, aka Jerry

"That's all I have to say about that" - Forrest Gump

"L D'Bonnie" schreef in bericht
m...
On the Red River in Manitoba. During the spring break up ice will
occasionally jamb up and dam the river, flooding the surrounding area.
The Amphibex machine breaks up the ice so that it will move down stream
without piling up. The link is to the Amphibex web site

http://www.normrock.ca/1/The_Amphibex/The_Amphibex

What a great invention, seeïng the video's on the page its simply great.
I never saw a ship like this, thats the interesting thing of this newsgroup.

Starting years ago with Tallships, we ran out of pictures from, Tallships.
Then the regulars decided to accept any ship because we are all lovers of
the sea.
Even lighthouses are allowed, even a wooden shoe with a sail.
That keeps this NG alive.
If we only accepted tallships this group would be dead by now.
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

[IMG] code is On

River Ice Breaking 03 L D'Bonnie Tall Ship Photos 0 April 12th 08 07:57 PM
breaking news Jim General 1 February 1st 08 02:41 AM
Entering but not breaking [email protected] Cruising 39 September 14th 05 11:48 PM
Breaking News! Yachtsman General 3 April 28th 04 05:14 PM