Bouler Bouler is offline

Default River Ice Breaking 01

"L D'Bonnie" schreef in bericht
m...
On the Red River in Manitoba. During the spring break up ice will
occasionally jamb up and dam the river, flooding the surrounding area.
The Amphibex machine breaks up the ice so that it will move down stream
without piling up. The link is to the Amphibex web site

http://www.normrock.ca/1/The_Amphibex/The_Amphibex

What a great invention, seeïng the video's on the page its simply great.
I never saw a ship like this, thats the interesting thing of this newsgroup.

Starting years ago with Tallships, we ran out of pictures from, Tallships.
Then the regulars decided to accept any ship because we are all lovers of
the sea.
Even lighthouses are allowed, even a wooden shoe with a sail.
That keeps this NG alive.
If we only accepted tallships this group would be dead by now.
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)