Default Belfast Maritime Festival - Artemis - 1

Artemis at Belfast 1st July 2007

Regards,

Tuppence

Attached Thumbnails
Belfast Maritime Festival - Artemis - 1-bmf-artemis-01.jpg  Belfast Maritime Festival - Artemis - 1-bmf-artemis-02.jpg

Default Belfast Maritime Festival - Artemis - 2

"Tuppence" wrote in message

Artemis at Belfast 1st July 2007

Regards,

Tuppence

Attached Thumbnails
Belfast Maritime Festival - Artemis - 1-bmf-artemis-03.jpg  Belfast Maritime Festival - Artemis - 1-bmf-artemis-04.jpg

"Tuppence" schreef in bericht

Artemis at Belfast 1st July 2007

Regards,

Thanks Tuppence, I never heard of this ship but it must be Dutch seeïng the
flag and the place "Franeker".
Nice pictures from the Grand Turk also.
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands

"Bouler" wrote in message

"Tuppence" schreef in bericht

Artemis at Belfast 1st July 2007

Regards,

Thanks Tuppence, I never heard of this ship but it must be Dutch seeïng
the
flag and the place "Franeker".
Nice pictures from the Grand Turk also.
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands

Oh dear, Oh dear, the memory must be fading.
Here are a couple of photos from my first posting to this newsgroup showing
Artemis in Carlingford Lough in 2005. Plus her history.

History of Artemis

Original name: Pol II (one of a flotilla of ten whale catchers named Pol I
to Pol 10 inclusive)

Built as a whale catcher (steam engine - no sails) by Nylands Verksted, Oslo
in 1926 and worked with Norwegian Whaling Fleet in the Northern and Southern
Oceans (Norwegian Flag).

World War II

1941: Hired by Royal Navy and used as a Minesweeper.

1942: Renamed HNoMS Jeloy with a Norwegian Navy crew (Norwegian Flag).

1944: Renamed HMS Levanter with a British Royal Navy crew (White Ensign).

After World War II

1946: Returned to Norway under original name of Pol II and resumed work as a
whale catcher.

1948: Sold to A/B Rivo (Gustav Bartley), Gothenberg, and converted to cargo
vessel(Swedish Flag?)

1950: Sold to Adolf Hedberg, Sweden, and renamed Lister (Swedish Flag)

1967: Sold to I/S Artemis of Marstal, Denmark, and renamed Artemis (Danish
Flag)

2000: Sold to Fresian Sailing, Netherlands, and converted to a sailing
barque in 2001, and retained the name Artemis (Netherlands Flag)

2006: Owned by Tallship Artemis, Netherlands (Netherlands Flag).

Attached is a web photo of her whale catcher sister Pol III, which will give
you an idea as to how she looked in her whale catching days.

History of Pol III is also interesting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HNoMS_Pol_III

Regards,

Tuppence

Attached Thumbnails
Belfast Maritime Festival - Artemis - 1-artemis-2005-01.jpg  Belfast Maritime Festival - Artemis - 1-artemis-2005-1.jpg  Belfast Maritime Festival - Artemis - 1-pol-iii-370_54836a.jpeg

"Tuppence" schreef in bericht

Thanks Tuppence, I never heard of this ship but it must be Dutch seeïng
the
flag and the place "Franeker".
Nice pictures from the Grand Turk also.

Oh dear, Oh dear, the memory must be fading.

I'm afraid so;-(
Do you recall the exact date of posting in 2005, maybe I have an excuse.

[...]

Who, what a history.

Attached is a web photo of her whale catcher sister Pol III, which will
give you an idea as to how she looked in her whale catching days.

History of Pol III is also interesting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HNoMS_Pol_III

Many, many thanks Tuppence, I really don't remember.
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands

"Bouler" wrote in message

"Tuppence" schreef in bericht

Thanks Tuppence, I never heard of this ship but it must be Dutch seeïng
the
flag and the place "Franeker".
Nice pictures from the Grand Turk also.

Oh dear, Oh dear, the memory must be fading.

I'm afraid so;-(
Do you recall the exact date of posting in 2005, maybe I have an excuse.

Hi, Bouler,

I kept no record of the posting date but I did save the original files
direct from the camera to an external hard drive (My filing cabinet) and the
properties search denote the date that the photos were taken as 9th June
2005. I might have posted that evening or shortly afterwards.

Regards,
Tuppence

"Tuppence" schreef in bericht

Thanks Tuppence, I never heard of this ship but it must be Dutch seeïng
the
flag and the place "Franeker".
Nice pictures from the Grand Turk also.

Oh dear, Oh dear, the memory must be fading.

I'm afraid so;-(
Do you recall the exact date of posting in 2005, maybe I have an excuse.

Hi, Bouler,

I kept no record of the posting date but I did save the original files
direct from the camera to an external hard drive (My filing cabinet) and
the properties search denote the date that the photos were taken as 9th
June 2005. I might have posted that evening or shortly afterwards.

Than I have no excuse;-(
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands

[IMG] code is On

2007 Chicago Maritime Festival Devon Arrow Cruising 0 October 7th 06 02:37 AM
new maritime security website Webmaster Cruising 3 December 17th 05 02:39 AM
Maritime Festival Sean Tall Ships 0 December 17th 04 11:03 AM
Anyone familiar with maritime law? Larry Weiss General 66 February 7th 04 12:21 AM
Anyone familiar with maritime law? Larry Weiss Cruising 0 February 4th 04 04:00 AM