Webmaster

Default new maritime security website

I am starting a maritime security company, focusing on the needs of
the owner/operator and vessel, rather than other "hardware" or
"personnel" intensive methods.
I am trying to do this intelligently and not "fear monger" the community.
Any valid input is appreciated.
It is a brand new site and I am soliciting guidance on the "proper"
path to take.
Wayne.B

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 23:11:16 GMT, Webmaster
wrote:
I am starting a maritime security company, focusing on the needs of
the owner/operator and vessel, rather than other "hardware" or
"personnel" intensive methods.
I am trying to do this intelligently and not "fear monger" the community.
Any valid input is appreciated.
It is a brand new site and I am soliciting guidance on the "proper"
path to take.

=================================

What kind of guidance are you looking for? This is a news group for
cruisers - both sail and power. Anything you post here should be of
interest to cruisers and have little or no commercial content.

otnmbrd

Wayne.B wrote in
:

wrote:
I am starting a maritime security company, focusing on the needs of
the owner/operator and vessel, rather than other "hardware" or
"personnel" intensive methods.
I am trying to do this intelligently and not "fear monger" the
community. Any valid input is appreciated.
It is a brand new site and I am soliciting guidance on the "proper"
path to take.

=================================

What kind of guidance are you looking for? This is a news group for
cruisers - both sail and power. Anything you post here should be of
interest to cruisers and have little or no commercial content.

Personally, I'd say that "security issues" will increasingly impact all
"cruisers", especially those making "foreign" voyages.
If someone can come up with a good web site to disseminate experiences,
local knowledge, local hot spots and general problem areas, ..... more
power to them.
Terry Spragg

Webmaster wrote:

I am starting a maritime security company, focusing on the needs of
the owner/operator and vessel, rather than other "hardware" or
"personnel" intensive methods.
I am trying to do this intelligently and not "fear monger" the community.
Any valid input is appreciated.
It is a brand new site and I am soliciting guidance on the "proper"
path to take.

A solar cell charged battery stand by motion sensor, picture cell
phone interface, or cheap wireless laptop web cam, rented month to
month, direct call to owner or to monitoring service using ICQ or
some such, even sythesized phone voice or voip, might be attractive
to some. Optional service levels start with a software only package,
rising to equipment provisioning and personnel monitoring charges.

A night watchman on duty at a marina, even a liveaboard, might be
doable, especially if he was a volunteer fireman and qualified
lifeguard, first aid qualified, repair carpenter, etc, since fire
insurance, liability rates, even boat owner sinking insurance rates
might decline. The synergy is interesting.

You gotta sell even the best idea, hard.

Terry K

OT Homeland Security at Work [email protected] General 14 November 2nd 05 08:29 PM
my website demise William R. Watt Boat Building 3 October 31st 05 07:05 PM
New Fishing Website MidwestAngling.com General 1 October 19th 05 01:10 AM
security website Webmaster General 0 October 18th 05 01:36 AM
Soem great maritime pictures DSK General 0 October 10th 05 03:15 AM