Default Osprey - Bird Photo

"Stephen Rees" wrote in message
news:u33ai.5354$NV3.2575@pd7urf2no...
MWB wrote:
"Bouler" wrote in message
"MWB" schreef in bericht
Can anybody tell what kind of bird that is, maybe a Falcon?
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands)

It is an Osprey.

Mark

You are very, very lucky

Last weekend I watched as two ospreys tried to scoop fish from the south
marsh at Iona Beach. My camera was simply inadequate to the task of
capturing the image, and the guys all around me were getting antsy too -
and they had 600mm lens, tripods and way more expenmsive cameras. In fact
I ended up taking pictures of them!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephen_rees/529164697/

I was 5 feet from her. I can't believe my luck.

Mark

In article ,
"MWB" wrote:

begin 666 IMG_8514a.jpg
[Image]

end

Absolutely incredible, Mark. One of my photographic passions is bird
photography and you have been truly touched by the gods on this one.
They are normally such shy creatures - except for chickadees which have
very nearly landed on me in their impatience to get to a recently
refilled feeder.

"MWB" schreef in bericht

Can anybody tell what kind of bird that is, maybe a Falcon?

It is an Osprey.

Thanks, this time I needed my dictionnary and the Dutch word is "visarend"
If I translate that it would be a "fisheagle" ;-)
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands)

"Sj" schreef in bericht

Can anybody tell what kind of bird that is, maybe a Falcon?

Bouler, I'll post a few scans, both photos &
art, of this bird to a.b.pictures.misc for you ...

They're amazing ...

Thank you, I now know the Dutch translation.
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands)

"Tony Nazar" wrote in message
In article ,
"MWB" wrote:

begin 666 IMG_8514a.jpg
[Image]

end

Absolutely incredible, Mark. One of my photographic passions is bird
photography and you have been truly touched by the gods on this one.
They are normally such shy creatures - except for chickadees which have
very nearly landed on me in their impatience to get to a recently
refilled feeder.

Thanks Tony,

The dock at Southern Maine Community College is a great place to take
photos. There's a Osprey nest about 50 feet from it and I've seen the
mother in the nest.

Mark

Amazing photo Mark.

Randy

"MWB" wrote in message
This is why I carry a camera at all times. I was on the oil tanker Great
Eastern and the captain said there was a large bird on the ship.

This Osprey has been buzzing the line handlers and boom boats. The other
day she had a fish and it was a great sight to see. Yesterday she let us
get up close to see how beautiful she is. She roosted there for over an
hour for her photo shoot.

Mark

"Randy Kotuby" wrote in message
Amazing photo Mark.

Randy

"MWB" wrote in message
This is why I carry a camera at all times. I was on the oil tanker Great
Eastern and the captain said there was a large bird on the ship.

This Osprey has been buzzing the line handlers and boom boats. The other
day she had a fish and it was a great sight to see. Yesterday she let us
get up close to see how beautiful she is. She roosted there for over an
hour for her photo shoot.

Mark

Thanks Randy,

You coming up? It will take your mind off the Yankees.

By the way, I loved A-Rods calling mine. I laughed my ass off. The look on
Howue Clark's face was great.

There's no crying in baseball,

Mark

"Bouler" schreef in bericht

"MWB" schreef in bericht

Can anybody tell what kind of bird that is, maybe a Falcon?
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands)

visarend

greets,

Willem

"Willem Van der Voort" schreef in
bericht news:Q2Aai.2283

Can anybody tell what kind of bird that is, maybe a Falcon?

visarend

Thanks Willem, I found it in my dictionnery;-)
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands)

Like a bird Capt. JG ASA 0 July 15th 07 01:39 AM
NI: N902 OSPREY Kilkeel Harbour 12-04-2007 Wilson Adams Tall Ship Photos 0 April 15th 07 10:44 AM
Old Town Osprey 140 or 155 [email protected] General 0 July 27th 06 05:52 PM
Osprey Nest--GONE! Bart Senior ASA 5 November 1st 05 09:54 PM
help required to identify manufacturer - Osprey 15 foot Carl Harrison General 2 February 7th 05 04:48 PM