BoatBanter.com

-   Tall Ship Photos (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/)
-   -   Osprey - Bird Photo (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/83287-osprey-bird-photo.html)

MWB[_2_] June 7th 07 02:48 PM

Osprey - Bird Photo

1 Attachment(s)
This is why I carry a camera at all times. I was on the oil tanker Great
Eastern and the captain said there was a large bird on the ship.

This Osprey has been buzzing the line handlers and boom boats. The other day
she had a fish and it was a great sight to see. Yesterday she let us get up
close to see how beautiful she is. She roosted there for over an hour for
her photo shoot.

Mark

seph... June 7th 07 03:38 PM

Osprey - Bird Photo

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 09:48:31 -0400, "MWB" wrote:

This is why I carry a camera at all times. I was on the oil tanker Great
Eastern and the captain said there was a large bird on the ship.

This Osprey has been buzzing the line handlers and boom boats. The other day
she had a fish and it was a great sight to see. Yesterday she let us get up
close to see how beautiful she is. She roosted there for over an hour for
her photo shoot.

Mark

WOW - how lucky you are !

We live by a lake in Canada and have an Osprey that fishes off a dead
branch high up in an old ash - truly amazing to watch - over the years
we've taken many photos of him, but nothing as close as yours - the
hubby will be jealous when I show him this.. :))

Thanks for sharing it, Mark...

seph

joevan[_2_] June 7th 07 04:30 PM

Osprey - Bird Photo - IMG_8514cropped and sharpened.jpg (0/1)

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 09:48:31 -0400, "MWB" wrote:

This is why I carry a camera at all times. I was on the oil tanker Great
Eastern and the captain said there was a large bird on the ship.

This Osprey has been buzzing the line handlers and boom boats. The other day
she had a fish and it was a great sight to see. Yesterday she let us get up
close to see how beautiful she is. She roosted there for over an hour for
her photo shoot.

Mark

Wonderful. I took the main part and made a save of it. I hope you
don't mind my posting my crop. I sharpened it a bit all with
irfanview. Nothing fancy but wondered if you thought it ok.
Nice bird and great shot.

joevan[_2_] June 7th 07 04:30 PM

Osprey - Bird Photo - IMG_8514cropped and sharpened.jpg (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)

MWB[_2_] June 7th 07 08:29 PM

"joevan" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 09:48:31 -0400, "MWB" wrote:

This is why I carry a camera at all times. I was on the oil tanker Great
Eastern and the captain said there was a large bird on the ship.

This Osprey has been buzzing the line handlers and boom boats. The other
day
she had a fish and it was a great sight to see. Yesterday she let us get
up
close to see how beautiful she is. She roosted there for over an hour for
her photo shoot.

Mark

Wonderful. I took the main part and made a save of it. I hope you
don't mind my posting my crop. I sharpened it a bit all with
irfanview. Nothing fancy but wondered if you thought it ok.
Nice bird and great shot.

Not at all. I'm thrilled everyone likes this shot.

Mark

MWB[_2_] June 7th 07 11:52 PM

Osprey - Bird Photo

1 Attachment(s)

Bouler June 8th 07 12:57 AM

Osprey - Bird Photo

"MWB" schreef in bericht

Can anybody tell what kind of bird that is, maybe a Falcon?
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands)

MWB[_2_] June 8th 07 02:48 AM

Osprey - Bird Photo

"Bouler" wrote in message

"MWB" schreef in bericht

Can anybody tell what kind of bird that is, maybe a Falcon?
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands)

It is an Osprey.

Mark

Stephen Rees[_3_] June 8th 07 03:22 AM

Osprey - Bird Photo

MWB wrote:
"Bouler" wrote in message
"MWB" schreef in bericht
Can anybody tell what kind of bird that is, maybe a Falcon?
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands)

It is an Osprey.

Mark

You are very, very lucky

Last weekend I watched as two ospreys tried to scoop fish from the south
marsh at Iona Beach. My camera was simply inadequate to the task of
capturing the image, and the guys all around me were getting antsy too -
and they had 600mm lens, tripods and way more expenmsive cameras. In
fact I ended up taking pictures of them!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephen_rees/529164697/