posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.scenic,alt.binaries.pictures.tall-ships

Default Antique Boat Museum #5 - BoatMuseum-3238.jpg [1/1]

Kilgore Trout wrote in
:

My 8 year old grandson and I went up to the Thousand Islands in NY for
a few days, and one of the things we did was visit the Antique Boat
Museum in Clayton.

#1 is the grandson next to one of the speed boats.

#4, 5, 6 shows the Alexandra, an Elco 42 foot boat. If I was wealthy,
I wouldn't by one of those big ugly plastic things, but one of these
Elco 42's. It's a real nice boat. :-)

Nice pics.
The Elco is a beauty, but can you imagine what it would cost to run in this
day and age?
I was talking to a guy coming through a lock up north a while back and I
commented that he must pay hundreds of dollars for fuel - he had a fair
sized boat. He just laughed and said that he used over a thousand dollars
a day. I'd have to cut out coffee to afford that on my pension.

Mark
posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.scenic,alt.binaries.pictures.tall-ships

In article ,
says...

Kilgore Trout wrote in
:

Nice pics.

Thanks.

The Elco is a beauty, but can you imagine what it would cost to run in this
day and age?
I was talking to a guy coming through a lock up north a while back and I
commented that he must pay hundreds of dollars for fuel - he had a fair
sized boat. He just laughed and said that he used over a thousand dollars
a day. I'd have to cut out coffee to afford that on my pension.

If one is wealthy, then that's not a problem :-)

--
Al McCann
m a c 3 5 8 (at)-n e w s g u y-(dot) c o m