Default US - Sail Away and Canal Patrol

Westbound in Cape Cod Canal on October 15, 2015.

You shall not tack across the width of the Cape Cod Canal and you shall not
fail to use auxiliary power and you shall monitor the appropriate radio
channel. Otherwise you shall receive a visit from the Canal Patrol.

Sometimes I see boats under sail going with the wind. Maybe they are running
auxiliary power, maybe not. But I've never before seen anyone tacking into
the wind. The operations center monitors the canal with closed circuit TV
and radar, it's not like this guy can sneak through unnoticed.

Attached Thumbnails
US - Sail Away and Canal Patrol-sail_away_and_canal_patrol.jpg

On Mon, 7 Mar 2016 22:27:08 -0500, "Bob_R"
wrote:

Westbound in Cape Cod Canal on October 15, 2015.

You shall not tack across the width of the Cape Cod Canal and you shall not
fail to use auxiliary power and you shall monitor the appropriate radio
channel. Otherwise you shall receive a visit from the Canal Patrol.

Sometimes I see boats under sail going with the wind. Maybe they are running
auxiliary power, maybe not. But I've never before seen anyone tacking into
the wind. The operations center monitors the canal with closed circuit TV
and radar, it's not like this guy can sneak through unnoticed.

I did not know the CC Canal had such a patrol . Interesting shot and
info Bob !

wrote:

Westbound in Cape Cod Canal on October 15, 2015.

You shall not tack across the width of the Cape Cod Canal and you shall
not
fail to use auxiliary power and you shall monitor the appropriate radio
channel. Otherwise you shall receive a visit from the Canal Patrol.

Sometimes I see boats under sail going with the wind. Maybe they are
running
auxiliary power, maybe not. But I've never before seen anyone tacking into
the wind. The operations center monitors the canal with closed circuit TV
and radar, it's not like this guy can sneak through unnoticed.

I did not know the CC Canal had such a patrol . Interesting shot and
info Bob !

Thanks Lee. The Corps of Engineers has a couple of these boats and they make
a couple runs through the canal every day from what I have seen. The rest of
the time they are tied up unless something like this can't be handled by
radio.

Since we are on the subject...
I liked the looks of the previous generation of patrol craft more than these
so I will post Marion in a few minutes.
Bob

[IMG] code is On

US - Little Leeny and Canal Patrol Bob_R[_3_] Tall Ship Photos 0 March 4th 16 03:45 AM
Tim S Dool Welland Canal 2010 July 27 - Tim S Dool Welland Canal 2010-0727 #3104.jpg Steve[_10_] Tall Ship Photos 2 August 15th 11 03:02 PM
What happened to Schaefer's Canal House on the C&D canal? RayD Cruising 1 August 13th 06 08:02 PM
Space Patrol... Injam General 0 March 5th 06 05:06 PM
Space Patrol... JohnH General 0 March 5th 06 01:04 PM