Canal Lee[_3_] Canal Lee[_3_] is offline

Default US - Sail Away and Canal Patrol

On Mon, 7 Mar 2016 22:27:08 -0500, "Bob_R"
wrote:

Westbound in Cape Cod Canal on October 15, 2015.

You shall not tack across the width of the Cape Cod Canal and you shall not
fail to use auxiliary power and you shall monitor the appropriate radio
channel. Otherwise you shall receive a visit from the Canal Patrol.

Sometimes I see boats under sail going with the wind. Maybe they are running
auxiliary power, maybe not. But I've never before seen anyone tacking into
the wind. The operations center monitors the canal with closed circuit TV
and radar, it's not like this guy can sneak through unnoticed.

I did not know the CC Canal had such a patrol . Interesting shot and
info Bob !