JohnH

Default Space Patrol...

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 11:54:03 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

"As of last weekend, 36.4 million people had seen this year's five
best-picture nominees in theaters, compared to 173.8 million the year
of "Titanic.""

Then, just to prove a point, which I'm not exactly sure what point was
being made, there is this.

"Tom O'Neil of the awards Web site, theenvelope.com says this year's
Oscar show will probably be the lowest rated ever, but it shouldn't
matter.

"If we judge the success of the Oscars by the number of people who
watch them, then we're as guilty as Hollywood studios who judge the
success of movies by how many people see them," he said."

Um...excuse me, but I thought the whole idea of making a movie is to
entertain the maximum number of people possible in order to make the
maximum amount of money or, as we capitalists put is, ROI.

Honest to pete - these people can't be that stupid - or can they?

Yes.
--
'Til next time,

John H