posted to rec.boats.racing.power
Larry

Default Double Piloted Check Valve help

Hello,
I've asked 'the experts' but they must have thought I was asking for 'trade
secrets' and subsequently offered no help.

Here's my problem; I'm installing an Arneson ASD8 Surface Drive in my 30
foot Cobra Terminator race boat and understand I should use a Double Piloted
Check Valve (DPCV) between the steering cylinder and the helm to eliminate
feedback into the wheel as discussed online at:
http://www.h-ri.com/Product/Steering..._sys_DPCV.html

I'll be using a single station, power hydraulic steering system with a
char-lynn 211-1009-002 helm (recommended for use with the ASD8). I've been
unable to contact anyone at www.h-ri.com for further details and my internet
searches (using various related phrases in Google) have been fruitless.

Does anyone here have experience with a Double Piloted Check Valve installed
in their hydraulic steering system? What manufacturer and part number DPCV
should I be looking at?

You can follow the progress (or lack of progress) on my turbine powered boat
project online at: www.TurbineFun.com

Thanks (in advance) for your assistance!

Larry