winnard

Default See, I Told You So

http://www.channeloklahoma.com/news/4706362/detail.html

I was discussing this event with our mechanic at work, and I bet him a
hundred bucks that someone was going to get killed this weekend. People
who drive a boat 224 MPH have no love for life and should be mentally
evaluated. This is the most insane motorsport there could possibly be, and
it makes NASCAR look like a tricycle race.

winnard

Electrician

In article IpEAe.113931$yV4.18344@okepread03, says...

http://www.channeloklahoma.com/news/4706362/detail.html

I was discussing this event with our mechanic at work, and I bet him a
hundred bucks that someone was going to get killed this weekend. People
who drive a boat 224 MPH have no love for life and should be mentally
evaluated. This is the most insane motorsport there could possibly be, and
it makes NASCAR look like a tricycle race.

So you're indicating NASCAR isn't a real sport? I guess it takes real men to
compete in a real sport like boat racing and leave their kids without fathers
to qualify? What a dork.

MoParMaN

"Electrician" wrote in message
In article IpEAe.113931$yV4.18344@okepread03,
says...

http://www.channeloklahoma.com/news/4706362/detail.html

I was discussing this event with our mechanic at work, and I bet him a
hundred bucks that someone was going to get killed this weekend. People
who drive a boat 224 MPH have no love for life and should be mentally
evaluated. This is the most insane motorsport there could possibly be,
and
it makes NASCAR look like a tricycle race.

So you're indicating NASCAR isn't a real sport? I guess it takes real men
compete in a real sport like boat racing and leave their kids without
fathers
to qualify? What a dork.

I have the same problems when I go bowling.....Some sports should be left to
the Pollocks and Wops!

--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

winnard

"Electrician" wrote in message
In article IpEAe.113931$yV4.18344@okepread03,

says...

http://www.channeloklahoma.com/news/4706362/detail.html

I was discussing this event with our mechanic at work, and I bet him a
hundred bucks that someone was going to get killed this weekend. People
who drive a boat 224 MPH have no love for life and should be mentally
evaluated. This is the most insane motorsport there could possibly be,

and
it makes NASCAR look like a tricycle race.

So you're indicating NASCAR isn't a real sport? I guess it takes real men

compete in a real sport like boat racing and leave their kids without

fathers
to qualify? What a dork.

If those boat racers would do a little fishin' on the way to the finish
line, it would be a sport. I drive an 18 wheeler, it's more of a sport
than NASCAR. I can back a 53 foot trailer straight up your wifes ass, let's
see Dale Jr. do that.

winnard

Joey Tribiani

"winnard" wrote in message

If those boat racers would do a little fishin' on the way to the finish
line, it would be a sport. I drive an 18 wheeler, it's more of a sport
than NASCAR. I can back a 53 foot trailer straight up your wifes ass,
let's
see Dale Jr. do that.

winnard

bragart.....long trailers are a breeze....back up a tag-a-long welder....

HOSS

How is that any different than 40 drivers going door to door at 150-200? Or
any different that a top fuel car going 330 in a 1//4 mile?? Nobody is
making these guys drive these machines. They do it cause they want to.

"winnard" wrote in message
http://www.channeloklahoma.com/news/4706362/detail.html

I was discussing this event with our mechanic at work, and I bet him a
hundred bucks that someone was going to get killed this weekend. People
who drive a boat 224 MPH have no love for life and should be mentally
evaluated. This is the most insane motorsport there could possibly be,

and
it makes NASCAR look like a tricycle race.

winnard

Ed Medlin

"HOSS" wrote in message
nk.net...
How is that any different than 40 drivers going door to door at 150-200?
Or
any different that a top fuel car going 330 in a 1//4 mile?? Nobody is
making these guys drive these machines. They do it cause they want to.

Racing on water is much different. My boat will do about 70-75mph and that
is scary. Even a slight change in wind or a small wave you don't expect can
put you over. My boat is a friggin fishing boat. These guys racing drag
boats are running pretty much the same HP as the NHRA Top Fuelers and doing
it in a boat that weighs half as much as an NHRA chassis. Deaths and major
injuries are not uncommon in this sport. Many of them have ejection seats
with parachutes, but much of the time the boat disintegrates before they can
deploy them.

Ed

Edward M. Kennedy

"Ed Medlin" wrote

How is that any different than 40 drivers going door to door at 150-200?
Or
any different that a top fuel car going 330 in a 1//4 mile?? Nobody is
making these guys drive these machines. They do it cause they want to.

Racing on water is much different. My boat will do about 70-75mph and that
is scary. Even a slight change in wind or a small wave you don't expect can
put you over. My boat is a friggin fishing boat. These guys racing drag
boats are running pretty much the same HP as the NHRA Top Fuelers and doing
it in a boat that weighs half as much as an NHRA chassis. Deaths and major
injuries are not uncommon in this sport. Many of them have ejection seats
with parachutes, but much of the time the boat disintegrates before they can
deploy them.

Darwin weeds boats.

--Tedward

RIP#3

atleast they have "some" protection, however little it may be. The
people I personally think are the nuttiest are the dragBIKE racers!
It's still a shame to see any racer or atlete in any sport die while
doing what they love, while the people who love them watch.

winnard wrote:
http://www.channeloklahoma.com/news/4706362/detail.html

I was discussing this event with our mechanic at work, and I bet him a
hundred bucks that someone was going to get killed this weekend. People
who drive a boat 224 MPH have no love for life and should be mentally
evaluated. This is the most insane motorsport there could possibly be, and
it makes NASCAR look like a tricycle race.

winnard

Douglas BISHOP

"winnard" wrote in message
http://www.channeloklahoma.com/news/4706362/detail.html

I was discussing this event with our mechanic at work, and I bet him a
hundred bucks that someone was going to get killed this weekend. People
who drive a boat 224 MPH have no love for life and should be mentally
evaluated. This is the most insane motorsport there could possibly be,

and
it makes NASCAR look like a tricycle race.

winnard

Ummmm the report said 130mph....and since it happened on the start the speed
was of little consequence.