Ed Medlin

"HOSS" wrote in message
nk.net...
How is that any different than 40 drivers going door to door at 150-200?
Or
any different that a top fuel car going 330 in a 1//4 mile?? Nobody is
making these guys drive these machines. They do it cause they want to.

Racing on water is much different. My boat will do about 70-75mph and that
is scary. Even a slight change in wind or a small wave you don't expect can
put you over. My boat is a friggin fishing boat. These guys racing drag
boats are running pretty much the same HP as the NHRA Top Fuelers and doing
it in a boat that weighs half as much as an NHRA chassis. Deaths and major
injuries are not uncommon in this sport. Many of them have ejection seats
with parachutes, but much of the time the boat disintegrates before they can
deploy them.

Ed