blair

Default 200 Merc DOA

My 1980 Merc 200 died on Saturday. I went out for a speed run early in
the morning and it started running rough, It wouldn't come up past
4000RPM, I lost the Tach and it finally just died. I can still turn the
engine but can't get combustion. The lower end is leaking oil. I know
the seal on the lower end is gone but need help on trouble shooting the
bigger problem. Thoughts?

"blair" wrote in message
oups.com...
My 1980 Merc 200 died on Saturday. I went out for a speed run early in
the morning and it started running rough, It wouldn't come up past
4000RPM, I lost the Tach and it finally just died. I can still turn the
engine but can't get combustion. The lower end is leaking oil. I know
the seal on the lower end is gone but need help on trouble shooting the
bigger problem. Thoughts?

Turn a wrench or write a check.

^^