BoatBanter.com

-   Power Boat Racing (https://www.boatbanter.com/power-boat-racing/)
-   -   200 Merc DOA (https://www.boatbanter.com/power-boat-racing/38635-200-merc-doa.html)

blair June 7th 05 12:49 AM

200 Merc DOA

My 1980 Merc 200 died on Saturday. I went out for a speed run early in
the morning and it started running rough, It wouldn't come up past
4000RPM, I lost the Tach and it finally just died. I can still turn the
engine but can't get combustion. The lower end is leaking oil. I know
the seal on the lower end is gone but need help on trouble shooting the
bigger problem. Thoughts?

June 8th 05 06:54 AM

"blair" wrote in message
oups.com...
My 1980 Merc 200 died on Saturday. I went out for a speed run early in
the morning and it started running rough, It wouldn't come up past
4000RPM, I lost the Tach and it finally just died. I can still turn the
engine but can't get combustion. The lower end is leaking oil. I know
the seal on the lower end is gone but need help on trouble shooting the
bigger problem. Thoughts?

Turn a wrench or write a check.

^^